22 years old- hormone imbalance?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on and off the pill for years and came off it because I attempted suicide twice while on them, had terrible panic attacks and anxiety. It got so bad that I actually couldn't go outside or speak to people.  I feel better off it mentally, but I am shattered, have no sex drive at all, walk for five minutes and end up dripping in sweat ( not from being unfit!), I cannot lose weight no matter what I do and have tried literally everything. I have a great diet because of my IBS and I exercise a lot (really into fitness) and nothing makes a difference, sometimes I can't sleep and am always exhausted no matter how many hours sleep I get. My Ibs is much much worse around my time of the month, with excrutiating pains in my abdomen and again, exhaustion. Any help?? These things are ruling my life, and have been since I was fifteen... desperate. My mum and granny said they have also had problems with their moods and hormones, but mine is much more severe after being in hospital.  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mairi, all I can say is that I sympathise with you as I'm forced to take estradiol and I experience similar symptoms...all I can suggest, in case you had to take the pill, is to try a different one like AngeliQ for example which contains a natural form of E2 instead of ethinil estradiol. I don't know whether this can help though.

I understand you.

• Posted

Hi mairi

Im 44 now but when i was 25 ......I hope this helps, really feel for you,  I was recommended prescription drugs for EXACT same symptoms.REFUSED THEM ALL !!! (MAKES U CRAZY) So tried homeopath...was my best route..re-balanced my hormones but took a long time!.Every month I felt better smile was grt for years  smile about 18 yrs

Through various lady issues Ive now been through surgical menopause and cannot have HRT so back to natural solution and this brings me to your issue, ive discovered the" lady care menopause magnet" !! It takes about a month to kick in but all the symptoms youve described it seems like a good solution if u don't want prescription drugs

Hope this helps

Xxx

• Posted

Hi Cacimona,

when you spoke of natural solutions for HRT, were you referring only to the magnet or other solutions as well?

Thank you.

• Posted

Hi stella_a

When I was younger I attended a homeopathic doctor once a month for hormone imbalareliantaround 2 yrs and it worked grt for 15-18 yrs.However in March I had my ovaries and tubes removed and it put me straight into the menopause. .not being able to take HRT for family history of breast cancer, I went back to homeopathic doctor for night sweats/ flushes etc and it has helped to a degree.Then my friend suggested this 'magnet' and its been good so far. This is my first month of wearing it and symptoms have calmed down immensely.

Im not against prescription drugs but I would rather try natural methods first before becoming reliant on something thats only prolonging the issues and not resolving them smile 

• Posted

Hi Mairi 

Have just joined this forum and read your post. Google the effects of oestrogen dominance! Although now 62 I had problems like you from 20 '  doctor put me on anti depressants but what I needed was Progesterone. As soon as I had it my symptoms went. Have had to fight GP for years but I have no doubt that's what you need. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.