22 years old!! I have severe anxiety!! HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

So here's my story!! I had my son last year May 19th to be exact!! I had some complications with him, high blood pressure and I had blood clots after I had him so they had to take them out and I lost too much blood! Anyway after I had him I went through post partum depression, it was what seemed to be the worst month or 2 of my life! I didn't want to hold my own son and I didn't know why I was feeling this way! Well a couple months past and I was doing great and I started having panic attacks which heightened my anxiety even more! I'm to the point now where I can't go places and bearly can drive! I also experience all the physical symptoms as well! Headache, fatigue,chest discomfort, sore muscles, tense neck, jelly legs, heart palpitations! I've recently been prescribed a new medication called Wellbutrin! I'm trying to be hopeful it will fix me but I'm so depressed and drained! On top of all this I have a 1 year old son! Can anyone give me some good advice on how they overcome there anxiety disorder?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Omg i could've wrote this myself we have similar stories and I'm still dealing with it. All can say is hang in there and if you need someone to talk to im here
    • Posted

So how do you cope? I mean we both have kids I'm guessing so how do you handle your anxiety on top of your kids! I'm also an emotional wreck most of the time!! Thanks for commenting I'm always here to talk as well!!
  • Posted

Hi Kelsey, I am showing a vote of support, because I was like that 30 od years ago and I know most people do get over it and it do get sorted now because of all the increase in knowledge and medication which is miles better now than 30 years ago, but I cant really tell you how to manage your son because I didnt manage my daughter and i spent alot of time in hospitals and it was not nice I hardly saw my daughter grow up I was lucky in the fact that my Mum looked after my daughter as she worked from home so I was lucky in that sense. Do you have family near by and how is your husband with you and your son? I do hope the new medication will help I havent heard of it but good luck.  Please dont think because I have suffered for so long that you will, because as I have looked into my past when I was young and also after I had my daughter nothing was the same and also there are lots of issues I have had to deal with which hopefully you wont, so please stay strong and enjoy your son and hopefully you will get there but dont rush, because if you do you will suddenly hit rock bottom again, just take your time like day by day and you will get there, I wish you luck and hope

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.