22 Years old with possible Cushing disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am currently in process of possible being diagnosed with Cushing Disease.

I show all signs and symptoms of the disease, however have not been officially diagnosed with cushing. After providing my GP with a 24hr urine sample results have come back showing my cortisol levels were high, and have now been referred to a endocrinologist.

I believe i have been suffering from this since childhood however the disease has really taken over my body in the last 10 months since returning to work after being unemployment for a long period of time.

Since receiving my results back i have been researching like a mad women and have read read plenty of blogs and forums regarding this disease, and in some cases as helped me understand but again as slightly scared me with the after affects of the surgery ect

I know Cushing a relatively a rare condition and i find it hard trying to find people who really understand the condition and how it makes you feel as a person.

So i have made this post just to get some feedback from other Cushing suffers.

i have also made my own blog on my journey into possible being diagnosed and how its effected my life so far. So please take the time out to have a read

cushiemisspee.blogspot.co.uk/

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have symptoms relating to Cushings Disease. I thought it was a low thyroid with me but i paid for an advanced thyroid test and my thyroid was normal.

Last year i asked my doctor for an adrenal test and she gave me a blood test to measure my cortisol levels. She asked me to repeat the test with no explanation why and then concluded that everything is normal.

My symptoms are,

Black rings under the eyes,

round moon shaped face.

skinny arms and legs.

purple marks that look like stretch marks on my upper thigh waist area.

hairloss.

zero sex drive.

All my weight is mainly on my face and it does not go away. I dropped to 8 stone last year fasting and i still had a round face. A complete curse.

Thats just the physical symptoms, i am always wreaked and tired, poor memory and concentration. This has been going on from the age of 13 i am now 27 years old.

How did you get your GP to do the proper testing? My GP dismissed the idea of cushings disease last year without further testing

• Posted

It does sound like Cushings to me. I hope you have had a diagnosis by now and treatment and are recovering. carolyn.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying Carolyn

yes I have been diagniosed and treates which I had the tumor removed. Unfortunately further testing on the tumour came back of some amnormal cells which increases the rusk of the tumour returning. I had a whole year of recovery when all my symptoms returned. I am now awaiting results on further treatment whether its more surgery or radiotherapy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.