Skip to content

Cushing's Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Coc87 2

Advice needed

So post pituitary surgery, does any of u good people have any advice/tips/etc? It would be mucho appreciated! And your Not allowed to sneeze.. how do you not sneeze? Thank you, please in advance

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • thoullis 1

4 years on from Cushings op and still suffering problems!

My wife was diagnosed with Cushings 4 years ago and had op to remove benign pituitary gland tumour. Initial progress following op was good - weight loss, disappearance of hump and excess body hair etc. Currently on 20mg hydrocortisone: 10mg on waking, 5mg midday, 5mg evening plus 100mg daily of levothyroxene....

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • jess08 2

Opinions and help!!

Hey there, I'm 19 I've had Cushings before and developed type 1 diabetes through it.. no one ever believed me and the doctor I was under said I was just depressed and I needed mental health counselling! They finally found that I wasn't lying years later and I had the tumour removed in 2013, the last...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Tori43 1

Trying to get a diagnosis for Cushings

I have not been well for over four years. Every time I have been to the doctors I have been told that my symptoms are due to mental health. The last year I have noticed a more of a change in my health. Uncontrollable weight gain promently on my stomach and face. I have purple marks all over my stomach....

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ashdblack 2

Weight loss after surgery

I have just recently been diagnosed and they are almost positive that its a tumor in my pituitary gland but an MRI will confirm or deny. I'm curious about anyone's weight loss experiences after the removal of the tumor? That has been the hardest thing for me to deal with truthfully.

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • melissa11970 2

High cortisol, 18 years old please help

all, sorry for long story but here goes. I've had an incredibly rough few years - aunt committed suicide, mother and father separated, mother and uncle extremely depressed and bi polar and I constantly worry about making sure everyone's okay. I recently went to my doctor about small stretch marks I...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • caroline31144 2

Newly Diagnosed with Cushing Syndrome

I Am 38 yrs old. I was told in July 2014 that i had Cushing Syndrome. I had been suffering with High Blood Pressure since 2010. I was put on medication but suffered bad headaches so that started the cycle of trying different tablets to find a suitable one. The fatigue, muscle weakness and depression...

21 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • andrea46707 2

Dex test normal-could I still have cushings?

Erm hello everyone (1st time posting in a forum) Basically I'm wondering if anyone has had dexamethasone tests that came back normal but was later found to still have cushings or if anyone had symptoms of cushings but it turned out to be a different condition please? Basically I have been unexplainably...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • samantha011 2

Cushings Confirmed & liver relation?

Hello All, Just wanted to update everyone. So i saw the pituitary specalist on the 11th and he did a exam and looked over all my tests and said I indeed do have Cushings. now to figure out where its coming from. He was confused my 8mg Dex test didnt surpress at all. He Said Dr Bruce Mickey (neurosurgeon...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • magnumguy 2
  • sharon45059 2
  • lauralockhart 2

Cushings or/ and just PCOS?

Hello, i'm just going to jump right in with my questions. I am 27 and got diagnosed with Polycystic ovarian syndrome at the age of 19. i have been ill alot lately with alot of Unirary tract infections, back pains, muscle pains, easy weight gains, swollen ankles, abdominal pain, triedness i am always...

3 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • elizabeth62717 2

Just my luck! What next?

so, after a number of false starts I finally had the procedure to test the blood from each kidney to determine which was overproducing the Cortisol!  And guess what?  Yup, both of them! The difference in hormone levels was barely discernible.  So, back to the drawing board.  First an MRI to double check...

• Deexxx 1

Cushings Advice/Cycled

Hi All, Needing some advice as it's all getting confusing lol. I haven't felt right in years, night sweats, anxiety, depression, tired alot. I always thought it was more than that due to how bad the sweats are. One doctor said "some woman are just like that." So that discouraged me for awhile....

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lissy7878 2

Update about to do a series of testing

I seen a endo yesterday and I have days of testing ahead of me. Day 1- a.m acth plasma Cortisol plasma Insulin Prolactin Day 2- 24 hr urine cortisol Day 5- 8am, 5pm, 11pm saliva cortisol A few days later a dexamethasone 1mg at 11pm and saliva 8am cortisol. Hows this series look? I was wondering...

• craig64384 2
  • Coc87 2
  • Coc87 2

Who asked to have Cushing's anyway!!!

Hi I was wondering does anyone know how long the results for petrosal sinus sampling takes to come back? Intially I was told I'd get them the following week, now I'm bein told it could take weeks, this stresses me out cause my symptoms aren't gettin any better, naturally enough. Can anyone help?

• AJ131 2

Curious about others' 17-hydroxycoeticosteroid levels

Hi, My name is Alicia and I decided to give this question a shot here. I have been struggling to reach a diagnosis for 18 years now. I am 30. In the last four years or so we have been trying to determine if I am suffering from cyclical Cushing's. 3 consecutive (one a month for three months) 24-hr...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • poppadog 2

Back Pain

Hello all, I am new to this forum but would love some advice about back pain with Cushings Disease.  I have severe back pain on the lower left side of my back ..is this normal .. thanks

16 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • elizabeth62717 2

Cushings and muscular pains

I am experiencing severe muscular pain in my thighs and upper arms.  It wakes me up several times a night.  Does anyone else experience this, and if so, how do they manage it?

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • carole44595 1

Cushing's disease

I have had to have a blood test to check the cortisol levels. I have had one and it was 55nmol/L And the normal level is 50nmol/L I am very concerned re maybe having Cushing's. can anybody help with this

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • paul24510 1

Cushing's-like symptoms years after heavy Prednisolone use?

Hi guys, ​I'm a 36-year-old male who was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease aged 10 and prescribed heavy doses of Prednisolone (up to 60mg in short bursts) throughout my adolescence. I had the usual awful side effects from the steroids although they decreased greatly when I tapered off the meds. Years later,...

• karen37298 2

Diabetes and cushing's

I've recently been diagnosed with cushing's which after all the tests was attributed to my pituitary but no tumour was found.  I've been type 1 diabetic since 1989 and my consultant believes it's down to my low blood sugars and is refusing to put me on treatment for the cushing's.  I have good diabetic...

• lissy7878 2

Possibly Cushing?....

Hello, 38 yr old female in U.S. I've been sick for many years over 8 to be honest. I was a very fatigued super skinny 90 lbs for most of my life until I started gaining weight out of nowhere. I literally have no appetite maybe 1 cup of food a day, and a belly like I'm 6 months pregnant. I now weigh 130...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • LeahEmmett 2
  • joycemadine 5

normal blood tests

hI I have ben suffering for months with symptoms of high cortisole early morning BP spikes and fast heart rate  pressure behind left eye cant really see properly out of that eye ... severe headaches dizziness tremors  lots more symptoms had a 9am cortisole test done but it came back ok blood tests showed...

• enci 2

Cushing's for lifetime?!

Hi all! I'm happy that I found this group as I hope there's people who can understand me and we can share experiences with each other. Let me introduce myself. I'm 29 yrs old mum to a gorgeous 13 maths old little girl and one been diagnosed with Cushing's disease when I was 21. But my story starts when...

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sophiep35 2

Suspected Cushings?

In June I went to my GP with a number of issues who refered me to an endocrinologist, I had this appointment two days ago and mentioned the following issues ive been having for approx 1 year (apologies for tmi)  -Hot and sweating all the time all over body - cant cool down with air, water, layers etc...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • RuiPinto 2

Is it cushing syndrome??

Ok hello guys, im a 19 year old in desperation because no one takes me seriously.. im a fitness enthusiast ( specifically bodybuilding) , and somehow since some months Ago it seems impossible to lose weight like i always did.. i even lost 20 kg 5 years ago Just by portion control, now with a diet, daily...

• mielyn 11683 2

cushing syndrome

i was dx with  cushing syndrome and been given prescription ketoconazole 200mg tablet which is not available here in the Philippines.   i have high cortesol but low acth..  what should i expect... pls advise.    

• poppadog 2
  • colleen11654 1

Do I have cushings?

I got a cortisol blood test at 2:00 pm today.   my results are:  4.2 ug/dl  I Are these normal?  

• erica69945 1

Suspected Cushings

I have so many odd things going on, many of them pointing to Cushings. Here's what I have: Major weight gain (even with diet and exercise) Extreme fatigue, usually peaking around 12-2pm Buffalo hump Red face Moon face Easy bruising Hair loss No sex drive Can't sleep at night (varies) Extreme anxiety...

• margaret22116 5

Cushings with benign tumour?

Hi all, I have a complicated picture as I have an auto immune disease which causes a range of symptoms that can look like other things. However, that has been very well controlled for some 3 years now.  Over a year ago now I start to get the following symptoms, pain in my abdomen, really bad sweating,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.