Symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all,

please could you tell me what cushings symptoms you had?

What was your first symptom?

Did you have all the typical signs or any unusual ones?

thanks in advance and apologies for all the questions.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hiya.

for me looking back, i had lots of signs but didn't put them together until diagnosis. i went to my gp over the years for things like my hair being thin and falling out. weight not shifting. i played football and went to the gym every day. but didn't go.

i fell pregnant and although the pregnancy was ok. after birth i was very ill. i had bipolar like moods. i was suicidal. my hair fell out like a bloke. and i bruised everywhere. my face swelled and i couldn't sleep at all. eventually i couldnt get up from playing with my son. i had vivid dreams that were so real.

what are your symptoms?

g x

• Posted

Hi,

my first symptom was high blood pressure which couldnt be controlled with any medication.

The lack of energy and extreme tiredness came with that.

Then it was the 'moon' face and then the swollen tummy and skinny arms and legs. I never got the purple marks on my stomach..

all the other symptoms came over time and slowly.

I hope this answers your questions?

caroline.

• Posted

The most common symptoms are: a buffalo hump, rapid weight gain mainly trunkal obesity, and a moonie face, round shaped.

There are numerous other symptoms, all of us are not the same. Sweating, acne, flu like symptoms, extreme fatigue, mental issues, brain fog, overly sleepy (i would sleep almost non stop, like a sleeping sickness, for 3 days straight), anger issues, lacking appetite, or excessive eating. Unusual hair growth on face or belly, straie red marks on belly (i never had those). Hot flashes, my period totally stopped I was like 38. My weight gain was alarming, from 105 to 276 lbs in 6 months. I had 23 drs that diagnosed me with "cyclic" cuzhings. I'm the first person diagnosed with the "cyclic" Cushings in 1989.

I hope this helps.

Pam

• Posted

thankyou for the replies, i was diagnosed with very high blood pressure in feb 176/107 age 29 i have no family history of high blood pressure, very large pregnant looking stomach, acne and random small bruising on my legs, slightly puffy face and terrible brain fog, memory trouble and always tired. Doctors have said its essential hypertension but i know something else is wrong with me. blood and urine test came back clear.

• Posted

Hi ,

I had hump on back, stretch marks on thighs, tiredness and extreme weight gain around my waist. The symptoms that clinched it for my GP was excessive hairiness and excessive sweating. I have perfect blood pressure and this did not change and I did not have a moon face. I took 2 and half years for me to be diagnosed. It is such a rare disease and many G.P.'s will never have seen a case. Let us know how you get on, we will always tell the truth.

• Posted

mine was high bp. terrible fatigue came after that. moon face, weight gain and loss of periods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.