Pituitary tumours. Complications due to large tumour

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all. I've recently, finally got my diagnosis of ACTH dependant Cushing's Disease and i have a 12mm macroadenoma in my pituitary gland. I'm currently awaiting surgery. Its been delayed slightly due to high blood sugar levels but i think ive had it since 2016. My symptoms are pretty severe. My self loathing is horrific. I have a really good consultant who has got me under one of the best neurosurgeons in the UK so i'm hopeful all will go well but he's warned me that as my tumour is larger than normal, it may be complicated and he may need to go in more than once in the hope of getting it all. If not i may need future treatment after. Possibly radiotherapy. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? I'll be honest, i'm pretty scared about it all!

Laura

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.