What do you think!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have the buffalo hump, I have gained weight, have no energy. and my Dr. is testing me for cushing.  My cortisol came back 1.0, 1.2, and 1.6, I am on thyroid med b/c I have hashimoto disease. I also have a lump down below my ear on the left side and I know this might sound strange but I also have ridges in my head. I am under a lot of stress at this time so don't know if that could have anything to do with the results are not any comments would be very much appreciate

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What are the norms for your cortisol tests? Were they urine tests? Blood tests? Or Saliva tests? Do you have a "moonie" face?

How much weight have you gained? In how much time?

How old are you? Where do you live? To get a better understanding to help you, i will need to know these answers to the questions. Im the first patient to ever be diagnosed with "cyclic" Cushing's, in 1989, in Seattle WA, U.S.A.

• Posted

Hi this is from blood test urine results are not back yet. I am 58 years old and very overweight. I have gained within the last 6 months probably about 30lb yes I have the buffalo hump, moon face. and I live in Ohio my lymph nodes on the left side is always swollen and I have ridges in the top of my head. I have a lot of other health problems also. Thank you
  • Posted

Peggy

You did not give me the norms on the blood tests..

each lab can be different..

example zero to 1.0 normal..how high is the blood tests? Your urine tests should show elevated cortisol..once you know that they may do saliva tests, more urine and blood tests to compare them. 30 lbs in 6 months may seem a lot...i went from 110 lbs to 276 lbs in 6 months..while eating baby food and throwing it up..i couldn't keep anything down and was rapidly gaining ..insane

amt of weight...is your body shape like the cushing's shape? Trunkal obesity? What are your other symptoms that you relate to be cushing symptoms? Sharing these with us will help us to advise you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.