Cushing's Syndrome after two days of topical steroids, I'm so scared right now

Posted , 2 users are following.

I stupidly used a very powerful topical steroid on a fragile area of skin, keeping it smothered for two days straight. By the end of the second day I was experiencing extreme sweating. I quit the ointment because I was scared it was going systemic, I was right. Day three I experienced restlessness, anxiety, sweating, and oily skin. Yesterday however was when the Cushing's set in. My heart suddenly started beating fast and I felt like I was going to pass out. Mouth became very dry. I felt like I was in a psychosis. I was rushed to the hospital but they just gave me an anti-oxidant and told me to rest. The worst part is my skin though. During this hour of extreme light-headedness and thirst the skin over my entire body became thinner and rough-textured. It's still very dry today. I also feel like I can't think as clearly. Will these symptoms reside now that I'm not using corticosteroids anymore?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.