222CLAIRE

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone else get extreme back ache? I was diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis June 2016 and have been on Creon 25000 ever since. I have improved considerably since then with very little support from NHS and no useful advice, but lots of advice on diet etc online which I have been consistently following - lots of greens ,cutting out the bad stuff etc. Now of course The NHS relating to this Dept aren't even answering the phones - I understand we are in an extreme situation with the Coronavirus and that the rest of us will be taking a back seat as far as advice and attention is concerned. However - I wondered if anyone else experiences extreme back ache. Without that I would be feeling almost A1 . I had thought previously the back pain was as a result of ongoing pain I have had on and off all my life from an accident I had at the age of 8 years. However after reading more reports from sufferers on other sites it seems that this is fairly symptomatic of CP. and that far from doing exercises for the back pain that I have thought essential, I should actually have be resting it, which is what I am doing now. About a month ago these pains shot all over the place, but now they have settled around the back waist , midriff area, sometimes going up the left side to the shoulder blade. They manifest most of the time when I work on meals in the kitchen and are reduced when I sit down again.

Any help, advice or just hearing anyone else's experiences would be so welcome . Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Yes, I suffered from the aching lower back for many years. It will make you crazy. Rest and heat are my best suggestions. I found no relief from pain medication. The only thing that gave me real relief is surgery (distal), which removed some large pseudocysts. The pain also went down as my pancreas became less functional over time, but it was still a killer.

I would look into a celiac plexus block first, then a thoracoscoptic splanchnicectomy, and finally am abdominal implanted nerve stimulator. I have not had any of these, but my understanding is that they don't work very often (50%) , and your insurance may not cover them (US).

I know Shortie in this group had a very negative experience with the neural stimulator, which she had implanted into the spine.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.