23 and worried about MND/ALS

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello im 23 years old& hoping somebody can offer me some advice please, on the 22nd september i suffered a really bad panic attack since then i have had difficulty swallowing and breathing i dont know if it is because im focusing on them, but more recently i have started getting very bad muscle twitches which can be anywhere from arms legs hands back belly shoulders forearms feet calves thighs the lot i even have twitches in my tongue, im really scared as im a young farther and my partner is pregnant with our second child, just after my panic attack i googled swallowing problems and twitching and it came up with MND/ALS and that has really scared me into believing i have MND/ALS, i have now got leg aches when im walking feels like ive done a heavy workout on my legs, i am very scared! also in that time frame ive also had to change anti depressants from citalopram 10mg to 20mg then i went to mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg then 45mg they wasnt working so i have changed over to fluoxetine 20mg only been on them for 2 weeks since taking them ive felt nausea everyday lost my appertite and have really bad sleeping problems, now i dont know wether my twitching is down to anti depressants and my health anxiety or worst case scenario MND/ALS, i would appreciate any information given back thanks in advance

jordan

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have experienced all of this and still am. I've had mri's and EMG I was convinced it was MND but they told me it wasn't. I was diagnosed with FND. There are so many other things it could be and anxiety is one of them so please don't worry yourself. Take care

• Posted

im just so scared as im only young and to have such a worry and to be stuck in a huge rabbit hole i keep looking at my partner and child and i start uncontrollably crying im just so scared

• Posted

Honestly this is exactly. What happened to be I've got 2 little babies I was thinking the worst and my neurologist took one look at me and said its not what you think it is. Please stay calm until. You see someone stress and anxiety can also do some awful things to you.

• Posted

Ive had the same issue. 4 months of body wide twitching, spent thousands of dollars, multiple doctors, multiple exams, blood works, MRI's, EMG, you name it. I was thinking i had ALS, a 1 in 100,000 disease at only 33. I was crying daily, not giving my wife and kids attention, and my anxiety was through the roof. Out of all these tests ive had the only thing that was positive was EBV. Any illness, stress, or anxiety can cause benign twitching all over your body.

• Posted

I have also had all of these symptoms at 39. Same fears. I have seen my regular doctor and two neurologists over the last 10 months. Diagnosed with benign fasciculation syndrome with cramps. Still struggling and going to try to go on a nerve blocker next month and see if that helps.

Hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.