23 Rare case

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm a 23 year old female I've had chronic pancreatitis fot three years I've had my gallbladder out and have been tested genetically and doctors can still not find a cause I don't drink alcohol or smoke, I have a strict diet which limits oils but I'm still in and out of hospital on a monthly basis I'm finding it difficult to keep a job as I never know when I'm going to get a flare up. there is no particular cause for my flare up it just happens randomly I have spoken to lots of doctors and they still can't find what's wrong does anybody have any ideas or is in a similar boat I'd love to hear from you thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you are so young and have this horrible disease. Have you been tested for autoimmune pancreatitis or have very high triglycerides? There are many cases called ideopathic where there just don't know. I have been tested for it all as well and they don't know in my case either. It's crazy and frustrating because, like you said, you just never know when an attack is going to take you out for a week. It stinks, but I just say lots of prayers 🙏

• Posted

Thank you. Yeah they have tested for auto and triglycerides are okay, my blood tests always come back very abnormal some times it liver function cells other times my lipase or white cells are up its different each time, which is why they are so confused. So to hear they can't find out with you too. How do you manage to work? I feel like I let people down and mess the business around because I'm off so much? And my finance has to pay for every thing it's so stressful.

• Posted

Im so sorry, have they confirmed chronic on scans? I mean can they see the calcifcation? They dont have reasons for most of us. Im so sorry. My mom is in hospital with it too.
    • Posted

Yeah they have unfortunately, sorry to hear that I hope she feels better and gets out soon, do you find that being in hospital dosent help to much because they have no idea what food or drinks help and hurt? Good luck
  • Posted

I'm a 52 year old female and this sounds like me too. I don't have calcification (yet) but I do have random flare-ups which is difficult but I just push through. My work is pretty good but I can work at home if I have to. My doctors have no idea what caused my pancreatitis and can't decide if it's an acute episode that won't resolve or the beginning of chronic. It seems to affect people differently as well so what upsets one person is fine for another. It's really tough to deal with and you have my sympathy, especially as you're young. Try and live as normally as you can within your restrictions - I found yoga and acupuncture really helpful.

• Posted

Thank you very much, I hope they do find out if yours is acute or not, at least you'll be able to plan ahead and bit and let your work know if you could just work from Home. Feel better xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.