23 year old, left upper abdominal, chest, shoulder and arm pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am a 23 year old female with a history of high blood pressure. I am on 25 mg of losartan for it. I've had upper abdominal and chest pressure solely on the left side and pain for about the past month now. It kind of hurts to breath in. I had a bout of this a year ago and was diagnosed with costochondritis. I don't remember exactly if it ever went away completely before this second bout, but I do know it couldn't have been as bad as it currently is or I wouldn't have been able to function. I have this fear that its a thoracic aortic aneurysm or heart vessel blockage for some reason. Also intermittently for the past few years, I have gotten this pinching feeling in the left side of my chest that lasts for maybe about 10 minutes per episode. No relation to physical activity or anything like that. I've always just assumed it was a muscle spasm. I've seen a cardiologist and all the tests were normal (ECG, 24 hour holter monitor, and blood tests). For my recent month-long flare of pain, I've seen a doctor and had a chest x-ray performed and blood work which were all normal. I still can't shake this feeling that something is wrong because I am so uncomfortable, and it seems to have moved up more closer to my throat in addition to being in my chest. I also am burping all the time and just feel full in my chest and like I have a globus sensation in my throat. Surely something like an aortic aneurysm would have been caught in the tests they ran, but I did not have a CT or echocardiogram done which would have for sure ruled one out. I'm probably just being a hypochondriac, but I am very uncomfortable and all the doctors do is just keep prescribing me corticosteroids, which don't seem to help. Has anyone else experienced symptoms like these?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

wow inthought i was a hypacondriac! i feel pain in my left arm shoulder and under my armpit i feel breathless at time and get sharp pain also while breathing!! i also feel like some sort of a blockage to! i burp so much to with my belly bloated, i am very anxious and worry alot. ive had high blodd pressure but that had fluctuatd over the years. im 27 but im going to get checked up, have you been seen yet and do you get lwdt arm pains to

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.