24/7 Brain Fog. What Can i Do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been suffering with extreme brain fog for 6 months straight now. I woke up with an extreme migrane and suffered for 2 days before going to th hospital and getting Tylenol and feeling better from my headache but my brain fog and dizziness never went away. I have changed my diet, I have taken more supplements such as B-Complex and B12 Vitimans. I am at my wits end. I have been to neurologists, endocrinologists, and even a rheumatologist. They said it might be Fibromyalgia but seems like something different. Any insight?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you feel disconnected and in a dream like state ? It also seems to affect my vision like it doesnt feel in sync with my brain..
  • Posted

A short term solution would be asking your GP for a modafinil script. However, it is in your best interest to get to the bottom of this. Have you got any bloodwork done? Glucose levels?  Liver enzymes?
    • Posted

I've blood work done. Thyroid levels are fine. Brain cat scans are fine. Nothing is showing up.

• Posted

It could be CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome). Has anybody suggested this? If not - as I mentioned above - you could try modafinil in the short term, but a more permanent solution would be to change the life style. Diet is not enough. Maybe you need to stress less? Sleep for a longer time? I know these things are difficult to achieve in the 21st century, but one can always try...
    • Posted

No on has suggested that. I thought I might have fibromyalgia, but seems like something more. Being in a dream like state for 6 months is really taking a toll on me..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.