24/7 Symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all I'm a 24 year old male and have been suffering from anxiety since October 2015, I want to ask if anyone else is suffering from constant anxiety related symptoms.

For me it's a constant lightheadedness but I don't feel dizzy, tight chest, dull pain in my chest,low mood and always worrying about any symptom I feel and thinking the worst.

I have been to my GP and took my self to A&E twice thinking I was having a heart attack, all my bloods were normal even had my eyes checked and they sent me home and said it is most likely anxiety I have been put on sertraline 100mg recently and haven't noticed any difference

So if anyone can relate or has any advice it will be greatly appreciated

Lee...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Lee....when I turned 30 I had anxiety attacks out of the blue for no reason. Swore I was having a heart attack. Dr put me on sertraline and it worked well. Give it time, it can take a few weeks to achieve therapeutic level. 
  • Posted

Yes, I can definitely relate to the constant feeling of anxiety symptoms. Years ago, before and shortly after I was diagnosed, there was never a peaceful moment. Every minute, hour, and day was filled with either anxiety or full blown panic attacks. I can't even remember the amount of times I went to the emergency room. Every test was done countless times, including ultrasounds, CAT scans, MRI's, and even a lumbar puncture. The lumbar puncture was done to rule out meningitis, because I would get really dizzy, blurry vision, and the hospital lights hurt my eyes. Back then there was no Google, or forums like this, so there were many trips to the hospital, and a lot of money spent just because of anxiety. I was put on meds that didn't agree with me, but eventually found a great psychiatrist who put me on Zoloft and Xanax. I'm sure there were side effects from Zoloft, but I was in such a bad state that I didn't know what was a side effect, and what was from anxiety. It was probably for the best that there was no Google, because I'm sure that would have made it worse. It took a while for me to feel better, which what I was told would happen, but it did happen. Give yourself time, patients, and self care while you ride this storm out. If you feel sleepy, take a nap, don't deprive yourself of anything at this time. Right now is when you need to be as gentle as possible with yourself for the sake of the mind and body. The Zoloft takes time to work, so even though you're not feeling any difference yet, doesn't mean it's not working. How long have you been on it?

• Posted

Blurry, wavy vision went totally away when I got on meds. I only realized it was gone a few weeks after I started the meds. I can drive at night again.
    • Posted

Oh, great post! Great advice!

When I was prescribed sertraline 50mg I felt worse before I felt better. I was dismayed thinking it wasn't helping, that I felt like hell. But gradually things improved and now it helps me cope and I'm glad I stuck it out

• Posted

Take some time to read thru this forum. You will so many similair symptoms over and over again. Its getting rid of them we are all battleinig with as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.