24 hour urine test help? high calcium possible parathyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, I have been sick for a very long time and recently suspected hyperparathyroidism. I got all the bloodwork but my pth serum and ionized calcium are normal. Pth is 48pg/ml serum calcium is 9.6mg/dl and ionized is 5.2mg/dl. However i urinate all the time (2-3 times and hour up to 30 times a day) and am thirsty all the time. My 24 hour urine calcium was high at 482 mg and my sodium was also high at 610 mmol. What does this mean? Any help is appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The day I went in for my surgery, my pth fell to the normal range (it was in the 80’s in prior tests).  The last blood calcium test was in the normal range at 10.1, yet I had enlarged glands. They removed one full gland and half of two other glands.   Please find an endocrinologist you can trust and they should be able to advise if you have an issue and help you.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.