Skip to content

Thyroid and Parathyroid Disorders

Also known as Goitre, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Parathyroid Disorders

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Allergic reaction to Thyroxine medication

I am writing this to see if anyone has had a symptomatic reaction to thyroxine medication. I have been on thyroxine for many years and always had itchy skin (including vaginal itchiness). Doctors have given me many types of creams  and antihistamines but nothing seems to work. Thyroxine is the …

Last reply
  • Could this be thyroid issues

Hi all Will try and keep this very brief. Stopped smoking 'permanently' in January & since mid January or end January I developed something of a constant discomfort in my throat area of my neck. In January I had a cough, being a smoker my dr ordered a chest xray which was normal, but …

Last reply
  • Thyroidectomy H&$$

Hi, so just bear with me this is my first time posting on something like this. I will give my background and describe my current life. Was diagnosed with Hashimotos at age 17 felt with it accordingly till February. Had HUGE goiter on rthe got side and multiple small nodules through out on both …

Last reply
  • What is happening??

Hi, I’ll try to keep this as brief and concise as possible, but it does require some detail so please hang in there. When I was sixteen, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, PCOS, and prediabetes. I tried everything to lose weight and nothing worked. When I was 21, I got desperate and found a …

Last reply
  • Thyroid Symptoms

I was diagnosed with a underactive thyroid many years ago. I was  prescribed 112mg of thyroxine medication. Just recently I felt really unwell, with palpitations feeling nauseous and stomach cramps along with hot flushes & itchy skin. My blood test results came back saying I had been …

Last reply
  • Removal of thyroid. Anybody here who actually feels good after?

Hi everybody. I will have my thyroid removed due to nodules that push my trachea to the side. Big issues with swallowing and breathing. 8 read a lot about horrible issues post surgery. Is there anybody who had a good experience after surgery? Somebody who's replacement hormones actually work …

Last reply
  • Thyroid Cyst

Hello, So I have a 3mm cyst on my thyroid along with two prominent lymph nodes on the same side.. I’ve had difficulty swallowing and had gotten an odd sore throat where I was hoarse..a month or two prior to the ultrasound along with coughing, ultrasound was a few weeks ago. Chest X-Ray was clear. …

Last reply
  • Hypothyroid

I am hypothyroid and have been on meds for many years. I am backwards with alot of medication and medical things. I am 5'6" and about 140 if I eat constantly all day. When I wake up in the morning I am back down about 5-6 lbs and start eating my 4300 calories for the day. I am …

Last reply
  • Concerning symptoms. Thyroid?

I am a 43 y/o female diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 12/2017 after having symptoms of lightheadedness, dizziness, weight gain, fatigue, brain fog, greasy hair and skin, etc. My labs were TSH 4.57, T3 2.9, Free T4 1.0. I had a Thyroid US that showed a small nodule on the left side of my thyroid... …

Last reply
  • 4mm incidental thyroid nodule to lt lobe.

i had an MRI done to my neck due to weird feeling  to lt side of tongue and throat and everything was normal except an incidental tiny nodule was found. The consultant reported it has nothing to. Do with the symptoms I am still experiencing. I had my rt lobe removed over 30 yrs due to lump and …

Last reply
  • Thyroid area bothersome during menstral cycle day 1

So yesterday, I began my cycle and at night, my the area around my thyroid was bothersome for a short period of time. I was anxious because i was taking 2 advils that i thought i took too early and plus my body was getting tired and I wanted to be up and going for a bit. I called a nurse about if …

Posted
  • On/off low grade fever, cold or something more?

I'm 38 years old, relatively healthy. This past Tuesday I started feeling unwell and dizzy. My temp is normally in the 97's, it was 99.4. Since then I've had an off/on low grade fever for almost 6 days. No other real symptoms aside from a dry cough and a slightly sore throat. I have …

Last reply
  • Question about returning to work after thyroid needle biopsy

I know the Doctor or Person performing this procedure would be able to give me more specific information, but I'm asking the community for a general idea so I'll know how to schedule my work day. Back in May, I had gone to the ER for a different issue.  A CT scan was taken to diagnose …

Last reply
  • suspect parathyroid issues

This is a query for my mother (72 years) who is currently going through tests via the NHS for Calcium levels pertaining to I suspect parathyroid issues complicated by her taking lithium for a number of years. In fact, this is a mis-diagnosis in terms of condition (i.e. she is not bipolar it would …

Last reply
  • Thyroid nodule with calcification

I was just notified that I have 3 thyroid nodules, 2 of them are typical, benign nodules but 1 of them has calcification. My ENT wants to just watch it and ultrasound it again in a year. I've had many hypothyroid symptoms (dry skin, major weight gain, chronic fatigue etc..) and I don't know …

Last reply
  • What does thyroglobulin antibodies mean if high

I have shown lots of symptoms of hyperthyroid.  Feeling tired, anxiety, trouble sleeping.  I had blood work done and my T3 T4 came back normal doctor said normal thyroid but the thyroglobulin came back a point over the normal the range but still put it in the high category.  I am not …

Posted
  • Test results

I have just had my results back and would like some help regarding them. TSH 3.14                    (mIU/L 0.27-4.20) Free Thyroxine 12.40 (pmol/L 12.00 - 22.00) Free T3 3.59               (pmol/L 3.10 - 6.80) …

Last reply
  • Concern about Thyroid nodule

I've been diagnosed with Hypothyrodism and Thyroid nodule. I've Ultrasound of my neck done and I'd like to share the results with you all. Can someone suggest if it is good to get the nodule removed? Ultrasound-neck performed using High-Frequency probe. Right lobe of thyroid gland is …

Last reply
  • After parathyroid surgery

5 weeks now after surgery and am unable to take calcium supplements, I cannot tolerate them in any form. Is it possible to get enough through food? Has anyone else had this problem, please help!!! If I take calcium I urinate so excessively that I end up in the hospital, have severe dry mouth and …

Last reply
  • Pth and kidneys

I've recently been referred to an Endocrinologist and am being monitored for high pth levels.  I feel fine and if not for the lab work, I wouldn't know anything is going on.  I've seen mention of  hyperparathyroid and end stage renal function.  I already have chronic …

Last reply
  • Concern about the Thyroid Gland of My Mom

My Mom get her ultrasound result and it state that. The left thyroid lobe is enlarge relative to the right, right lobe measures 4.4 x 1.4 x 1.5 cm, left lobe measures 5.1 x 3.2 x 3.1 cm, exhibiting a heterogeneous parenchyma. There is a large predominantly solid mass occupying almost the entire …

Last reply
  • Itching Thyroid area and slight pain...

For the last 5 days I have been experiencing an itching neck and slight pain around the thyroid area.  It has been getting worse with each day. Now I assume it is something I have been eating because I have recently made some changes to my daily diet (about right when this started happening), …

Posted
  • difficult to handle heat

I am a very active( workout junkie) 55 year old male who had a TT in January. I have noticed during the last 2 months that since it has become very hoy and humid here in MS I am not able to handle the heat/humidity as before during races and workouts. They leave me feeling sick after 8 hours or so …

Posted
  • I have found a lump on my thyroid.

Around 3 weeks ago a accidently found a small lump on my thyroid. My mum suffers from hypothyroidism but she never had a growth. I've had my bloods check and my function is fine. I'm booked in for an ultrasound on the 8th of June but I'm worried sick about it. The lump has gotten bigger …

Last reply
  • High Tsh levels and high T4 levels

Hi, I'm taking 100mcg of thyroxine daily.  Blood tests (twice) have both revealed high levels of both Tsh and T4.  GP seems to be confused!!!! They have lowered my thyroxine from 100mcg to 75mcg daily and now back up to 100mcg daily.  I'm not sleeping very well, really …

Last reply
  • High free T4 normal TSH and free T3?

I thought I had Hashimoto's as I have goiter, intermittent hypo symptoms etc. TSH two weeks ago was 2.96 This week TSH 1.13 (0.3-4) Free T4 20.6 (9.8-18.8) Free T3 4.8 (3.5-6.5) TG Ab 30 (<60) TPO Ab 28 (<60) Any idea why T4 would be high when others are normal? And is there a chance it …

Last reply
  • Thyroid tsh test and biotin

I had my tsh tested a few weeks ago as a part of a consultation with a GI doctor (wasn't expecting it) - result was 3.37 - which is within the normal range - but unwittingly I had been taking a-z multivitamins which included biotin - which I have since found out can give false reading on a tsh …

Last reply
  • Is it Parathyroid or not

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a year and a half  ago after being in so much pain all the time and feeling very tired and not well.  About a year ago I had my first test blood showing raised Calcium levels. On my first visit to see a consultant there was talk about what going on …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.