Skip to content
Ad

Thyroid and Parathyroid Disorders

Also known as Goitre, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Parathyroid Disorders

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Thyroid nodule on scan?

I had a neck ultrasound on a Monday to check a lumpy thing like a boil on the back of neck. It had been there for years and never changed and was assumed a lymph node but got infected and swelled and I had neck swelling too. I had the scan on the Monday afternoon and was told there were no lymph nodes,...

Last reply
  • Help

Please tell me people don’t die from this.  Had my thyroid out exactly a year ago.  It has been a roller coaster ride since.  I’m back and forth between hyper and hypo.  Am currently on 100 mg of thyroxine.  I see GP monthly and can usually only say “I’m just sick” all...

Last reply
  • Parathyroidectomy

hi, i had a parathyroidectomy last friday the 29 th of September to remove my lower right gland because of a tumour. I had no problem after the operation and was discharged saturday. Everything seemed fine until yesterday. I started with numbness and tingling around my face hands and legs. I woke at...

Last reply
  • High free T4 normal TSH and free T3?

I thought I had Hashimoto's as I have goiter, intermittent hypo symptoms etc. TSH two weeks ago was 2.96 This week TSH 1.13 (0.3-4) Free T4 20.6 (9.8-18.8) Free T3 4.8 (3.5-6.5) TG Ab 30 (<60) TPO Ab 28 (<60) Any idea why T4 would be high when others are normal? And is there a chance it is...

Last reply
  • Parathyroid

hi, i'm having my op on the 29th of September as i have a tumour in my lower right parathyroid gland. Can anyone give me better news than it will take 2 months to recover. I live on my own and concerned about managing daily tasks. I also travel to visit my little granddaughter and wouldn't want...

Last reply
  • High Tsh levels and high T4 levels

Hi, I'm taking 100mcg of thyroxine daily.  Blood tests (twice) have both revealed high levels of both Tsh and T4.  GP seems to be confused!!!! They have lowered my thyroxine from 100mcg to 75mcg daily and now back up to 100mcg daily.  I'm not sleeping very well, really painful...

Last reply
  • Hashimoto and TTC

I recently have been diagnosed with hasimotos. So basically hypo. Was put on levo at 25mcg. Got blood checked to see progress and my tsh has actually increased from 4.8 to 5.05. I'm ttc and understand my tsh needs to be under 2 at least. Has this happened to anyone I'm very frustrated as I am...

Posted
  • Thyroid Nodules

Hey everyone, my name is Chelsea. A couple years ago I went to my Primary doctor for a sinus infection when she noticed my thyroid was majorly enlarged. Blood work came back fine, RAI test was in normal range, but the ultrasound found a module or mass they weren't sure if it was a possible cyst or...

Last reply
  • A typical biopsy

Hi new to the group I had 2 biopsy done on two nodules. One came back benign and one came back A typical. Dr. Is sending it out for genie testing Has anyone else have this? very worrief.

Posted
  • Thyroidectomy

I am 5 days out of surgery healing well been on synthroid for over a year on a low does...what does my future have In store I am afraid of weight gain I'm very short and not that old

Last reply
  • Michaela

I am having my op in two weeks time to remove thyroid .  I have been on medication for three years now and today have been tested for ruematoid artheritius as I have symptoms . I have a four year old son to look after and wonder about other stories with regards to how they felt after surgery and...

Last reply
  • Could this be thyroid issues

Hi all Will try and keep this very brief. Stopped smoking 'permanently' in January & since mid January or end January I developed something of a constant discomfort in my throat area of my neck. In January I had a cough, being a smoker my dr ordered a chest xray which was normal, but nothing...

Last reply
  • Hashimotos

I was diagnosed with hashimotis thyroiditis in 2015 and take levothyroxine everyday. I went through a stage of forgetting my tablets which my thyroid levels went up to 8 point something, however after a blood test and taking my meds again it is going back down. It seems that it doesn't matter what...

Last reply
  • Need help understanding labs 😢

About a year ago my symptoms started with unbearable itching and tiredness. I went to several doctors and nobody could figure anything out..finally I had one run thyroid labs. And they showed tsh-.421 t4 -5.9 t3- 26. They said my thyroid was sluggish and put me on levothyroxine 50. The itching...

Posted
  • Newly diagnosed with underactive thyroid

Hi,  I was told last Friday that I have an underactive thyroid and low Ferritin levels.  I've been put on 50mcg Levothyroxine a day and was advised to take an over the counter iron supplement.  I've had to stop taking the iron as it was giving me splitting headaches so I'll...

Last reply
  • anyone suffer from sub clinical hyperthyroidism?

My blood work shows out of range low tsh.  The T3 and t4 are normal and I am having some weird problems.  My research shows subclinical hyperthyroid is a thing and can cause the problems I am having.  The endocrinologist I saw was quite lazy and mostly interested in the 300 dollars I paid...

Last reply
  • Parathyroid

I have got to have my parathyroid removed, due to high calcium levels. The problem is I am argrophobic. how long do you normally stay in? Does anyone know. Thanks Claudette

Last reply
  • Has anyone out there had a parathyroid problem?

I have had a raised parathyroid hormone blood result recently also a raised calcium in the blood result. I had raised calcium levels several years ago but after a scan of my parathyroid glands which showed no growths it was put down to lack of Vitamin D and called secondary parathyroidism I was told...

Last reply
  • Problems 11 years after total tyroidectomy

I had my thyroid removed in 2006 due to toxic multi nodular goiter.  There have been ups and downs over the years but in January 2017 I woke up with a horrid headache, my entire body ached, I notices weight gain and I could not function normally due to exhaustion.  My labs indicated I had gone...

Last reply
  • Trying to decipher blood tests

So I've been having crazy symptoms such as occasional tingling in the extremities, rib cage pain and sensitive to touch, chest pain and sensitive to touch, sharp achey pains in front of thighs, shortness of breath, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, ear aches, tension headaches, occasional ringing in...

Last reply
  • "Normal" thyroid results...Not so sure

Hello Everyone, I could really do with some advice/opinions here.  In a nutshell, My health is a complete and utter mess. Both mentally and physically.  General Anxiety disorder & depression symptoms Hair loss Extreme fatigue ( I have no idea how I managed to finish this university...

Last reply
  • POSSIBLE THYROID CANCER SYMPTOMS

Hi, I'm a 62 yo. female that had an ultrasound and US FNA of my thyroid preformed in 2007 due to an accidental discovery of an abnormal thyroid while having an ultrasound preformed on my chest. In comparison to the measurements of the right lobe of my thyroid which were 5.2 x 2.4 x 2.6 cm the findings...

Last reply
  • Can someone explain my Labs?

I have had hypothyroid symptoms following the birth of my 2nd child in 2010 (so for about 7 years).  I am 20 lbs over my "normal" weight.  My hair is shedding badly.  Very tired, allergies and asthma are out of control, getting chronic UTI and kidney infections, diagnosed with...

Last reply
  • Hashimoto's

I was recently diagnosed after a thyroid biopsy with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. What treatment are some of you receiving? 

Posted
  • Thyroid Cancer

Hi im a 45 year old female i discovered 9 yrs ago a tumor in my neck. Didnt have the money for insurance so I just left it alone. Now nine years later I was experiencing neck pain, sometimes difficulty breathing, and swallowing. Now that I have insurance I had it checked. Just had a biopsy done 3 weeks...

Last reply
  • Thyroid Surgery.

If anyone has dealt with this or know anyone who has I would love if you would share. Im just curious about how the operation goes (its preperations, and after). I have 2 thyroid nodules and they are pretty big and is causing phleghm, voice changes and other stuff. I have no idea if cancer is present...

Last reply
  • Thyroid Cyst (w/ solid components)

Hi! I'm new to these forums and have been humming and hawing whether I should join one of these websites to discuss my situation but I've been putting these symptoms off and blaming my overactive imagination.. after coming across this website I figured it couldn't hurt. I'm mostly here...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.