Confused with high levels

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I have had many tests carried out to find the cause of my pancreatitis, kidney problem and severe abdominal pain and swelling. My G.P initially said there was no issue with parathyroid as my vit D levels were normal.

A variety of blood tests showed higher than normal phosphate, increased levels of ? for pancreas indicating pancreatitis, but not to the point that I needed admission to hospital and now I have been told my PTH was raised.

i had to radically change my diet to reduce inflammation in my whole digestive system to be able to return to work. Many scans sowed no physical reasons for pancreatitis or kidney stones. I had blood in my urine for a few weeks, it is o.k now

Any ideas, as my G.Ps are not great at explaining what is going on. During an appointment a g.p said that my calcium levels were very good, but did that really mean hightened? I find that they don't speak to me in full and clear ways.

I know that the G.P said she would discuss my case with an endocrinologist but I sense that I may be left to get on with it

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.