Constant Dizziness and Panic

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I'm newly diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, waiting to be tested for Hashimoto's. I've been tested for just about every other disease and the results came back negative. My mom has it, so I'm quite convinced I have it since we share almost all of the same symptoms and my ANA panel & thyroid results were extremely similar to hers when she first found out she had it.

I have had a constant dizziness since August with intermittent panic attacks when the dizziness is at its worst. These started, along with other more "classic" Hashi's symptoms after I was put under anesthesia for wisdom teeth removal. I think the stress of that, plus every other thing going on in life, pushed me over the edge into the autoimmune disease.

The dizziness is strange though. The room isn't spinning and is not like typical vertigo. I feel detached, my vision is "swooshy" like I can't keep up with what I'm looking at. It is hard to focus my attention and my head feels floaty but also heavy at the same time? And my head feels almost fuzzy like I can't think clearly. It's a really difficult kind of dizziness to describe. It is constant with some days being worse, and on those days I always have a panic attack. I'm not sure if it's set off by the fear of the dizziness or if they might be related. I do know I am at my wit's end. I see a new doctor in two weeks for testing, but I was wondering if anyone else experiences something like this with Hashi's. My mom never had this symptom and it is apparently not a super common one, but I have seen others have something like it.

If you do have this, have you found something that helps? I am terrified I'm going to have to deal with this for the rest of my life.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did you get any answers? I've been dealing with the same symptoms since April. I started thyroid meds for Hoshimotos but still feel really off a lot of the time even though my numbers are now ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.