Thyroid nodule fna complications

Posted , 1 user is following.

does anyone else out there have same issue as me. i have been told at 3 different hospitals for past 3 fna's over last 6 years of thyroid nodules that they have never seen anyone swell and bruise like i do but at todays fna the doctor acted like he didn't believe me about past ones and by 3rd of 5 samples needed he said i have never seen this happen before, you are right, your swelling is so bad it is getting hard to see on ultrasound. by 2nd of the 5 my throat immediately got sore, my right ear hurt some and i got a bad headache and neck pain. the swelling is alot. told me to ho home and ice and take it easy and wait on results. my annual ultrasound showed moderately suspicious this time with triad 4 category and i guess thats why they did 5 samples this time.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.