24 hrs a day 7 days a week

Posted , 7 users are following.

My stomach hurts all the time no matter what i try its no better , they say ibs but i dont no i am stressed to death with this and have no trust in doctors at all now as the seem to be nonchalant about it al .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

keep pushing for further tests! do you have any other symptoms? whats your lifestyle like? nutrition, exercise, alcohol intake? when did it start? where abouts is it? upper abdominal? right? left? lower?

• Posted

Hi Neil

Are you in the uk? have you had any tests done? you may even have severe food allergies, have you been tested for these?

You need to find answers as the stress will affect your gut health enormously, try to find some answers yourself, have you tried keeping a food diary or some relaxation techniques?

Good luck and keep trying to find the answers, sounds like the dr is putting it down to your stress.

Good luck

• Posted

Have you tried a hot cup of tea with a little lemon juice and sugar? Works wonders for stomach problems.

• Posted

If you have had negative tests, your doctor can diagnose IBS which doesn't show on scans or any other tests. Since your doctor has diagnosed IBS, accept what you have been told and ask for an antispasmodic. Try a food diary or the Low Fodmap Diet to see if eating affects your symptoms. Stress aggravates IBS so look into relaxation therapy and try distraction techniques to take your mind off your stomach. Trust your doctor who is the expert

• Posted

I have IBS and recently found that you must watch what you are eating. Keep a food diary and start by eliminating foods. I just started and found that eliminating wheat can be an IBS culprit. I get constipated and wheat is a trigger in so many foods. Read labels for sure. I do not know other than you have pain what other symptoms you are experiencing. It is tough to go through this and I have had IBS for many many years. Sometimes flare up occurs. Too much too little fiber also causes discomfort. Try some aloe vera juice at the health food store and it's good for gut inflammation. Start slowly only an ounce a day and increase to see if it helps. If you have been to the doctor and you are still not satisfied go to another until you find the reason for this. It is not something to be taken lightly but IBS is usually food related in my case. Take care and wishing you luck and prayers.

• Posted

hi neil!!

make a diary of when it starts,how long it lasts,do certain foods set it off? anything else that causes you pain? do it for couple of weeks then,take it to dr's and then he can see if he can come up with ant answers. i know its a nuisance but,he might take more notice of you..Where exactly is the pain neil? let me know how you get on..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.