24 wks on citalopram

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi im on citalopram for 24 weeks.. i done 4 weeks on 10mg.. done 20 weeks on 20mg.. im struggling again past few weeks feeling uneasy. intrusive thoughts gettin worse again and that fear of anxiety running through my body.. im debating upping to 30mg. or stick at this..i thought at 24 weeks this would he gone completely but nope its hanging on.. not sure wether this covid 19 is raising anxiety levels and this inturn is starting the bad intrusive thoughts again..any advice on these at 24 wks..many many thanks xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

hi,

not really going to be much help but I'm struggling too, I started citalopram after a major bad reaction to sertraline and other antidepressants, I started 10mg cit on 18th december 2019, I was fine for a couple of weeks, then I went downhill again and had intrusive suicidal thoughts about myself, so was upped to 20mg on 8th jan roughly, I'm signed off work all this time, I was my normal self for 3-4 weeks I was the best version of myself, then all of a sudden I went back downhill again with anxiety and depression and suicidal thoughts, it got to the point where I was contemplating suicide, I had to get the intensive mental team involved who visited me daily, saw a phsyciatrist who said the dose needed to be upped, so he upped it to 30mg, again after around a week or so after increasing and being on propranalol, I felt back to normal and started living my life again and even was excited to go back to work, then on sunday 22nd, everything went downhill again and had been horrible since then and I'm at a loss as to what to do as I've been suffering so badly with all of this since november and have a 2 year old and a great job great partner so have no reason to be depressed anxious, I was originally put on sertraline for sleep issues would you believe! and it has ruined my mental health from then onwards

• Posted

i started off on sertraline..took it a day and went to duloxetine my mental health went badly down hill..made me 100 times worse..did the 30 help u any..good luck hun xx

• Edited

I never had any mental health issues until taking sertraline, I have been on 30mg of citalopram for 6 weeks today, but in total I've been on citalopram since 18th december and nothing, I've had mental health involved, phsyciatrist, the lot, nothing seems to be helping me beyond 3-4 weeks, I suffer depersonalisation and lots of other severe affects of anxiety, not just mild, I also have suicidal thoughts which is both terrifying and upsetting as I have a 2 year old and a partner, I've been off work since december... all this becuase a stupid GP prescribed be sertraline instead of the zopiclone I'd asked for when I randomly was having issues sleeping, NO low mood, NO anxiety nothing... so you can imagine how I feel... I constantly feel a failure of a parent and partner as I cant even show proper affection to my daughter at the moment, dont get me wrong there have been three times during this period since november where I've litterally gone back to my normal happy self, I felt at peace with myself and everything during these periods (each time just after dose increase) then I go straight back downhill again, I have no life at the moment, my personality has gone

• Posted

i feel the same.. felt i was gettin better bang bk to square one..i hope to God one day soon we beat this.. im a single parent now past 2 yrs n these intrusive thoughts are so scary..good luck hun xx

• Edited

Hi

I am on 21 weeks of citalopram 20mg.

I also get the good days then the days when you feel back to square one.

From what i have read previously on here, people do say that recovery comes in waves. That is why we get the good/bad days but eventually we should get more good days than bad.

Also everyones recovery time is different.

I am also struggling at the moment.

One day at a time.

Good luck

• Posted

i I didnt think goin backwards would be as bad as square one..that give me so much hope that one day we will beat this..good luck hun xx

• Edited

you know I was feeling quite well after the week 16 on citalopram and felt good for full month and really thought I can start putting all of this anxiety stuff behind me. then the corona stuff happened and I was not even one of those people who get worried about it I am not scared of the virus or anything however for the past week and a bit my anxiety has been very high again and felt low in general. I been on 20mg for over 20 weeks and I think the recent stuff going on really triggered the anxiety again. I think it is normal that we have anxiety at this time and I think when the things stabilise a bit more that's when the anxiety will start to improve a bit again as well.

• Posted

i hope so hun..i hate these intrusive thoughts and that horrible anxiety fear running through the body.. hopefully one day we can look back at this like a nightmare thats ended xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.