24 Year old male Unexplained Genital Numbness

Posted , 1 user is following.

Like my fellow classmates at the age of around 18, I decided to get a gym membership and focus on gaining muscle and bodybuild. Growing up I have always felt normal for my age in terms of development. Above average size penis, normal facial hair growth, chest hair , leg hair , libido etc. However after gaining this muscle at by the age of 19 I felt amazing. I literally felt like superman physically and mentally. This lasted to the age of 21 when I moved back to Canada to work as a construction laborer. It was the summer so I decided to go on a "cut" (caloric deficit) I was seeing great results eating only 1400 calories a day and burning many more at the gym (500-1000) I started intermittent fasting, drinking 3-4 cups of black coffee, delaying hunger with mineral water. Eating mostly vegetables. I went from 173lbs to 139 in about 5 weeks.

Anyways it was now about 2 months into my diet when I started feeling horrible but was soo busy into my first job and my diet I couldn't realize what was going on. I noticed the lowered libido but thought it was because of the diet, and would go away when stopping. Eventually 6 months into the diet , I got really skinny and low body fat. I was cold all the time, I began urinating often, and leaking urine. My genitals became NUMB like rubber. No morning or spontaneous erections for the last 2.5 years. Low semen volume and force, and I have no feeling of arousal or feeling in orgasm either. I have lost body odor, and my armpits and genitals do not sweat anymore either (appocrine glands) I also do not produce pre cum anymore and my penis glans are dry from fluids.

I have been on a mission and the first thing I decided to check with my doctor was my Testosterone levels. They came back at 446 (300-950) Obviously it was low and I blamed this as the issue as I was only 21 at the time. The doctor blew it off and because I mentioned the leaking of urine and everything she ordered a regular blood test. Everything was clear so she sent me to urologist. Anyways after visiting (3 urologists, 3 neurologists, and 4 endocrinologists) I do not have a clear answer /diagnosis for my problems. I have a minor herniation at l1-l2 as well as spina bifida l5-s1. Leg emg shows heavy loss of motor neurons in both left and right feet. My urologist prescribed PROSTAMOL UNO (saw palmetto ) which I did not take because I have heard it is anti-androgenic. Finally the endocrinogist here in europe said my "carries" were low and to come back in a month with new bloods and I will get treatment. When I returned with same bloods he said I should see a sex therapist?

Possible problems

L1-L2 minor herniation along with spina bifida l5-s1

DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE came back LOW at 220 (300-850)

Testosterone normal at 650 (300-950)

E2 low at 12.5 (11.5-45)

DHEA-S Elevated

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.