24 year old with throat problems for the past two years help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Mucus in the throat, excessive belching, constant infections in my throat (ulcers). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Might be due to Acix Reflux.. please consult ENT

• Posted

I have @ pratik2003 I've been to two different ENT doctors and they say its most likely acid reflux. I'll take my medication to treat the infection in my throat then I've been taking OTC Nexium and it seems like the Nexium is not working. One of the ENT doctors said I have inflammation in my throat but, did not see any ulcers. He said take the Nexium for2-3 months and if im still having problems to come back in for food allergy testing. If that is not the issue then I most likley need to remove my tonsils. I also have on the right side of my throat have redness and like little bumps and I don't know what it is? I went to the doctor and It's not strep. It's just some red bumps that hurt. image

• Posted

looking at the redness in your throat looks like mine that's acid doing damage to your throat ask for a different PPI medication and try Gaviscon as well

• Posted

@Gillian1956 thank you! I feel that I need to run multiple test in my stomach region to make sure stomach is working properly. Because I have never had acid reflux this bad in my entire life. I'm just concerned that it might be something more serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.