24 years old 3rd surgery in 5 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I posted here once before. I had my first complex cyst in early April they removed it asap because it was inside the right ovary 5 cm and hemorrhaging. Late July/August I was have similar pain and symptoms like before, get an exam and Ultrasound sure enough it was another cyst this time it was 7-8 cm. They do surgery early August and had to remove part of my right ovary because of roots, he also removed a tumor like cyst off of my right tube as well. I had a handful of regular cysts on my left ovary drained during surgery as well.

Just this past weekend it's starting again. I call the doctor to get my check up Ultrasound done sooner than the previous schedule for Oct.

Has this happened to anyone before?

My doctor is not sure why this is happening especially since I've been on BC for almost 2 years. He told me when I came to him about the 2nd cyst that he will only remove my ovary after I've had 3 bad cysts. I'm just feeling really distraught about losing out on pay checks because I can't go to work after surgery.

Is there a chance that my normal left ovary will start to do the same after my right one is removed? I would rather go through early menopause and have both ovaries removed this time than keep having pain, and 3 more surgeries, and missing out on work and paychecks again.

My stomach had such a build up from scar tissue since I've had 2 cystectomy laparoscopies this year and 1 exploratory laparoscopy back in 2013.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have heard of this happening. Is there a way you can freeze your eggs? I'm being serious. I wonder if anyone knows if you can have kids through invitro later without your ovaries still there.

Otherwise, you may have to make a drastic change in diet. I suspect you'reeating lots of sugar, right? If you do you must cut down to under 50-150 grams of sugar per day. There is a direct connection between insulin resistance and multiple ovarian cysts. You're basically feeding your cysts with every pop or cookie or bowl of pasta. I shouldn't talk. I eat way too much sugar. Have stopped using plastic containers and bottled water? They mimic estrogen. Also, try Chasteberry tree supplements. They can balance the extra hormones that may be put of whack. There are several good books on Insulin Resistance. Please read some, for your own health. Or at least read up online. Good luck! Take care.

• Posted

I already have a son. I more worried about being healthy enough to care for him than more children. I asked my doctor before my August surgery if he could just take out my ovary. I can't keep having surgery and keep a job or take care if my little one properly.

I'll definitely look into that though thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.