25 days since turp procedure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last night I slept until 5:30am before having to urinate. I got up only one the whole night. When I saw my uro on Friday he advised me to stop the Mybettrig and yesterday I felt more frequency so I took and pill and felt better with that issue. I think I will continue with the Mybettrig for another month or so. I believe it makes me feel more confident about frequency issues. I have been on it for 3 weeks so far and I see no problem using it for another month or so. Since I have been taking 2 Motrin pm as a sleep aid for years after the 30 day mark I am going to try to ween myself off the Motrin pm and see how I sleep and how my frequency does at night without the pills. Be good all.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I pray you have as good luck with your turp as I have.  I am now sleeping the night through, during the day and evening I go 4 - 5 times, what a major improvment.
  • Posted

Not many known, but Motrin PM contains 1st generation anti-histamine, diphenhydramine. These anit-histamines have a few side effects. Here is a snippet - "However, they cause drowsiness and weaken the ability of the bladder to expel urine. The drowsiness itself may allow a man to sleep through the signal to urinate, which can allow the bladder to become overdistended and contribute to acute urinary retention. The first-generation antihistamines contain a warning for men with prostate disease. "

• Posted

I do not take Motrin PM but thank you for the information.  We all should be aware of side effects that otc meds can have, they are not at all harmless.  
    • Posted

I am a type 2 diabetic and have my blood checked 3 times a year and my doctor has told me that if it allows me to sleep and my blood tests are good no problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.