25 female diagnosed with frozen shoulder. But not sure my doctor is right,,,

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m an 25 year old female and for the past 6 months, I have severe shoulder pain that switches from right to the left depending on the day and some days they both hurt to the point where I can’t do normal daily activates (getting dressed laying down/getting up, lifting things ect..) sometimes ends with me in tears. The pain lately starts in the neck and travels down to the shoulders and sometimes it goes to the shoulder blades and my chest right in-between my breasts. I have been taking different forms and pain killers and muscle relaxers but nothing seems to work.I have lost full range of motion I can't lift my arms straight up or behind my back. I have also have muscle weakness in my arms and lifting things that use to light are hard to carry/lift.  I have also had a decrease in my appetite and I’m not eating as much and my stomach feels weird (it is hard to explain it kind feels tight and weird) I have been to my doctor and he says it is mild frozen shoulder and maybe some never problems from bad posture. I have some research and it doesn’t seem like all the symptoms add up. I have no clue what to do as my doctor dismisses this and it doesn’t seem to get any better. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm not a doctor but the pain moving from one shoulder to the other definitely doesn't sound like frozen shoulder

My shoulder went through a painful 'freezing' stage where the pain got worse and worse and did go up my neck and down to my fingers. 

I think when you're in pain, you do tense up and then involve more muscles / nerves. 

Good luck getting to the bottom of it. Have you tried seeing a physio? My Physio didn't help the freezing of my shoulder but really helped reduce the pain by relaxing all the muscles around my shoulder. A Physio might b able to help your pain and might have more ideas for another diagnosis. 

Also, painkillers can upset your tummy, I hope that's all that is. 

I took magnesium tablets, half expecting them not to help but the definitely did help. 

• Posted

Check pyomaylgia, just in case. Wishing you the best.

Many blessings!!!

• Posted

Do you mean polymyalgia. If you do robin will have to wait even longer, it affects those over 70 years. So says mayo clinic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.