25 Female- Sudden Acne and I don't know what to do about it

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had great skin growing up, but recently my skin has been way more difficult to handle. I am a 25 year old female, and about 5 week ago I started getting hard, unpopable bumps on my cheeks and one on my forehead. They were painful and big, and I am still dealing with the scars. They flattened out and are still red, but I thought my skin was getting better and healing. Like I said, I don't get very much acne, so this is new to me. About 4-5 days ago I noticed I started getting a few bumps on my cheek again. Nothing like the hard ones before, but they never came to a head, either. More and more unpopable bumps keep forming on my cheeks and under my eyes. Some of them are small and skin coloured, but this is seriously depressing me. I don't know what could be causing this and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've made an appointment with a dermatologist, but I have to wait 8 days to see her, so I wanted to ask all of you here what you might think is going on.

-----

I take MONONESSA birth control pills every morning. (Had to get on and off of it and switched to something else in the past 6-7 weeks, but now I am on only Mononessa)

AM: -I wash my face with Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser Foaming Formula -Pat face dry and moisturize with Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen (I just bought CeraVe AM facial moisturizer, but I haven't used it much yet. Not a huge fan of it...)

PM: -I wash my face with Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser Foaming Formula -Pat face dry and apply a few drops of TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C 20% E & Hyaluronic Acid) -BaeBody Beauty Retinol moisturizer -Belif Miracle Revital eye cream

(Since my skin has broken out so much recently, I have stopped using everything except my Neutrogena face wash and my Neutrogena moisturizer)

-----

I'm super weird about my pillowcases, so I change them all the time. Recently I have used some detergents (Snuggle Plus Fabric Conditioner, and all Liquid Laundry Detergent Free and Clear) on my sheets, so I have also stopped using that to clean my pillow cases and my bedsheets. I also make a point to not press my phone against my face, and I try to keep my hair off my face when I sleep.

I'm also a very athletic person, and am the fittest I've ever been in my life (if that matters). I go to the gym and lift heavy 3-4 times a week, and I drink a lot of water and eat a healthy diet pretty much most of the time. (Once in a while I'll eat 'junk food', but for the most part I stick to eating lean proteins, veggies, fruits, yogurt, all that good stuff.)

I do deal with a lot of stress and anxiety, but I thought that it had gotten a bit better recently... This breakout has made me more anxious and stressed than I was before, though!! I understand my case isn't as bad as some, but this is really bothering me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you thought about something in your diet may be causing it? I break out like that when I eat chocolate in any form. It stimulates testosterone.

Try to think back.......did you introduce a different food to your diet 5-6 weeks ago? maybe even a supplement? 

• Posted

Chexsea, 

I’m so sorry you’re going through this! I’m a registered nurse with over 20 years experience, it sounds like this could be hormonal. What about your stress level? High levels of stress can affect your sleeping, skin, emotions, etc. As Marina mentioned, it could also be diet or supplements. My last thought is that it could be a cosmetics or something you are using on your face. I manufacture an acne fighting all-natural organic facial oil with rosehip, tea tree and eucalyptus essential oils which have antibiotic properties that fight acne. I also make organic soaps as well for acne. Too often, prescribed treatments are overly drying and cause other problems like dry, flaky, itchy and red skin. Lots of people are having success with my natural product. I’d be happy to answer any of your questions, feel free to visit my website at my products are also available on Amazon, search for Bare Essentials Living acne treatment.

Please leave another post, I’d love to hear what your dermatologist recommended!

Blessings,

Maggie 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.