25 mg fentynal patch

Posted , 6 users are following.

My partner threw my patches in fire he was tired of me doing stupid stuff said made me a zombie I have to account for them each month with my pain clinic. Now what do I do ? Will she throw me out? I also take hydro . I seam to be doing ok without the fentynal. Guess I should have saved my old patches to show. Of course I don't want anymore of the patches since I'm doing ok.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My Daughter said Fentanyl completely changed Me. I stopped doing everything and She especially missed the things I did just to make Her have a better day. Like make Her favorite breakfast. i had to change it!  I would let the pain clinic know what happened and why. Mine sometimes measures amount of opiate in My system and They would find out. Much better coming from You first!  Good luck. I hope You continue doing ok. 
  • Posted

Stopping any narcotic cold-turkey is a bad idea. Not only can the withdrawal symptoms be dreadful... you can have a stroke or seizures from the abrupt cessation of drugs like that.  You should consult your physician about what to do..  The only good thing is that 25 mcg patches isn't very much.. No one here is a doctor and should never give medical advice..  No one knows how your body will handle detoxing.

• Posted

HI Dandy13,  i keep all my meds locked in a metal file cabinet drawer.  It keeps honest people honest.  You might think of doing something similar.  Best of luck.

• Posted

I keep mine and all other meds locked up in my fire safe. I cldnt imagine something happening to my patches. Its bad enough when an edge folds over and sticks together or every now and then it wont stick and falls off, having to explain to Dr who already has to be very cautious re these makes things worse. I cldnt imagine someone throwing mine away or in fire, very dangerous too when they burn fumes cld kill you from inhailing.
  • Posted

Hi Danny, I suggest you to consult with the best dermatologist. Don't be afraid from pain, They will examine first after that they will give some treatment, which is free from pain. If you don't take your treatment serious this will going to more serious in coming days. So, What would you think to overcome this problem?

• Posted

Going cold turkey can cause you to have seizures. If you wanted off of 25mcg then your Dr would ween you down to 12mcg then take you completely off. I hope nothing serious has happened to you. Im sure rhe hydro are helping for pain but you may end up taking more of those since your not on patch. On a serious note, why wld your partner Ever take it upon themselves to decide when you dont need to take your patch anymore. I can 100% understand their concerns, have them go to Dr w you and they can tell Dr concerns and why they disposed of your patches. They cld have or have caused you great harm re withdrawls. You may want to think about getting a new partner. I can't believe anyone who loves someone wld put them in harms way. Mind blowing...i truely hope your ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.