25 year old diagnosed with IgA Nephrotic disease

Posted , 16 users are following.

Monday I went to hospital to see the Renal Kidney Doctor and was told my results from my Kidney Biopsy. I have been diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy which is a type of Glomerulonephritis (Kidney Disease) The Kidney Biopsy was to determine how severe of a disease I had, I found out that very answer. My Kidneys are not going to last, the estimated guess is anywhere between a few months to a year, I will have to go on Kidney Dialysis and I will have to have a Kidney Transplant.

At the minute there’s too much to take in, a number of blood tests will be carried out to see what kind of supplements and vitamins I need to try to keep my Kidney’s as stable as they possibly can and my blood pressure pills that I take every morning have been upped.

I am so scared of this disease and I will try to fight as hard as I can but I'm so scared that it will beat me. Please help sad

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I never replied but I had my transplant from my mother 12/04/16 so its very close now to the year since having it done. So far everything is going well
    • Posted

Hi,  So glad its going well, I had mine 16/9/16 and had a rocky first 6 months things seem to be settling now and I feel so much better.  Fab news that all is well with you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.