Skip to content

Kidney Failure and CKD

Also known as CKD - Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis - Kidney, Renal Failure

All discussions in this group

Next
  • CKD and pregnancy??

Hi All, I am a 30 year old female and was diagnosed with CKD 5 years ago. I have been very stable due to a combination of diet and ramipiril (for proteinuria). Creatinin is about 220 and blood pressure is perfect. I am otherwise healthy and I am a healthy weight. My neprologist has always been unsure...

Last reply
  • Hello, I am 30 years old and have been diagnosed with CKD

I got some blood tests done in September, they said everything was fine except my GFR. It was to low for my age. 3 months later I did another blood test and it was about 77. Another 3 months later I did a test and got a CT scan. My GFR was steady and CT scan was clear. I also did a 24 hour urine test...

Last reply
  • First day; first week of dialysis: what was it like?

As I get closer to dialysis, I find myself wondering what to expect the first day of treatment. I'm planning to try PD dialysis first, but I'm interested in hearing about first days for both PD and HD dialysis. In addition, as you completed the first week or two, how did your experience with...

Last reply
  • Bright red blood in urine

I am 46 years old and on many medications due to various illnesses. Last year, I was diagnosed with CKD Stage 3b. In the past 2 months, I have had bright red blood in my urine 2 separate times. I have to take a large dose of Coumadin daily due to blood clots. The bloody urine only lasted for one...

Last reply
  • High potassium level

My mom is undergoing dialysis twice a week, but her potassium level in blood is high even after dialysis. It's around 6 and goes till 7.4 pre dialysis.has someone suffered from continuous high level of potassium. She controlled her diet but there is no affect. Is there any medical treatment to it....

Last reply
  • Bloodwork question

My egfr has been getting lower, from 74 to 68 now 64. My Albumin/creatinine -normal is <2.0 Mine is 38.8? My potassium is high Normal- 3.5 to 5.2 Mine is 5.4. My albumin urine is 93 mg/L creatinine (urine) normal is 2.5 to 2.0 Mine is 2.4 Albumin/creatinine normal is - <2.0 Mine is 38.8 What...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease

As from the title I am recently diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease, my gfr is 56. I have been feeling off colour for a few years now with symptoms getting worse. I have weight loss, swollen ankles, shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, a need to pee all through the night, difficulty sleeping, Itchy...

Last reply
  • Having just a solitary kidney causing CKD?

I have searched the web and am amazed how many sites there are that talk about CKD, kidney issues, but I do not find any that include much information about CKD due to having just one kidney.  This is why I search: ​I am 68.  Up until I was 67 all my renal functions and tests were 100% normal,...

Last reply
  • Frustration people's unhealthy habits

Hi all, I'm 34 years old and have been on dialysis for a year now and have been entered in the transplant list. I was diagnosed with IGA Nephropathy 6 years ago and was told the disease SOMETIMES progressed to ESRD and when it did it would be something like 20 years before that happened. Unfortunately...

Last reply
  • Foamy Urine ,Done Urinalysis and Blood Test .Is it normal ?

Hi everyone I am 16 years old.I had foamy urine which i noticed a few weeks ago .A few weeks ago I had bad gastritis and vomited a few time,when I go to the doctor ,he prescribed me a few meds then took my blood pressure reading ,It was 150/90 then I was sent to have blood test and urine test as well.The...

Last reply
  • High protein in Urine

Dears.... I had several complications after drooping my GFR to 36, and still could not sort out how to stop high protein leak from kidney. I have form in urine and doctor change the BP tablet but form did not go away. How bad this situation can further deteriorate the kidney GFR? Or is it something...

Last reply
  • Itchy legs

Hi I am new here. Currently in stage 4 kidney failure. The bottom of my legs are so itchy and keeping me awake at night!!! Anyone else suffering?? X

Last reply
  • Gfr

My gfr went from 51 to46. I am doing everything they say to do. Any suggestions.

Last reply
  • I got my kidney function test back. It's somewhat concerning

Hi everyone. I got my kidney function test back and I actually do have kidney disease like I was worried about. It says my EGFR 88 mL/min/1.73m2. According to some websites that would put me at stage 2, right? They also said i have liver disease too. Do alot of these results look somewhat bad? ...

Last reply
  • What type of CKD I might be having?

Hi there, Briefly, I was diagnosed recently wit CKD. 30 yrs old female with history of sjogren syndrome and hypohidrosis. So my latest blood tesr results show: GFR:65 Creatinine:100 NO PROTEINURIA Kidney ultrasound is clear with no damage to kidneys. I've been in healthy weight my entire life. No...

Last reply
  • Information for newbies

Found this link that I think could be useful for any of the newly diagnosed CKD patients that need a little help understanding their labs. http://www.edren.org/pages/edreninfo/blood-tests-in-kidney-disease.php   Sorry, I don't know how to cut and paste on this tablet and I don't want to...

Last reply
  • My GFR has dropped 29 points in 11 months

GFR now 41, down from 72 last April.  I have RA.  The inflammatory process of RA is damaging my kidneys, but anti inflammatory drugs will also damage kidneys.   I am on xeljanz, after having been on multiple biological previously with adverse reactions.  I am heading toward dialysis?...

Last reply
  • Foamy Urine, 16 years old.

Okay so here are the basics: I am 5’11, 180lbs, 20% bodyfat. My blood pressure is 115/70 and my resting heartrate is 68. I had a urinalysis for my foamy urine about 8 months ago but the tests came back fine and I was told not to worry. To this day I still have foamy urine almost constantly (except some...

Last reply
  • Itching

Hi all I've now been told I have to prepare for dialysis I'm terrified can anyone tell me what happens when you have to prepare also severe itching on neck face arms all GP has given me is e45 anti itch cream which is not doing any good I'm also trying aveenio moisturiser and a antihistamine...

Last reply
  • Foamy Urine, 20 years Old

I have This foamy urine, i probably notice it for 1 week already, i dont pay attention before this 1 week, because i only pay attention when i stumble upon some article that said foamy urine is a sign of cancer. but later i found out foamy urine indicate that you have a proteinuria which is a sign of...

Last reply
  • Donor available

Many wouldn't benefit so please do not get your hopes up; but if you're between the ages of 20 and 50 years and you haven't been on the national transplant roll for up to 3 years then please send a message. additional requirements are; you must not be racist and you should really need a transplant....

Last reply
  • Serum Urea

Hi All My last bloods showed Urea at 12.5ml per litre My egfr is 31 I know the upper limit of ref range is 7.1 Tryong to compute in my mind how bad my result actually is! If anyone can share their own results or knowledge to give me some idea that would be great Also what is the treatment? Many thanks...

Last reply
  • CKD patient since January 22, 2018.

I am 30 years old, fit and healthy except for my kidney. I just discovered it this year, and now I am doing Peritoneal Dialysis. So I've reach the stage 5 of it, I think so. My eGFR went as low as 3 and my creatinine went as high as 1500+. I started dialysis a month ago. (It was a complete shock...

Last reply
  • Forum/help pls specifically for IgA Nephropathy ?

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me please. My 22 year old son has been told he has IgA Nephropathy and his kidneys are functioning at only 30%. He has a biopsy scheduled for next week. I am devastated. He is fit and well with no visible symptoms and this has come completely out of the blue from...

Last reply
  • meal replacement/ supplement

I have struggled to keep my diet while I'm not home. When I needed to be away for a day or two it was almost impossible to keep my diet. My Dr said I could drink Suplena (carb ready since I'm also a diabetic).  I ordered a case of 24 /$67.00. I can now pack a small cooler with my "meals"...

Posted
  • Donating my kidney and I'm terrified

Hey everyone, been around here a while, tried to give hope to those going through CKD and also chip in bits of help as to what I know concerning CKD. I am donating my kidney and as the time draws closer I cant help but think about the outcome. Just went through a series of tests yesterday and its all...

Last reply
  • GFR and no Protein with slight swelling

Hello to all. Thank you for your time. I have a gfr of 65 and no protein in my urine. The albumin : creatinine ratio could not be completed because the albumin was so low. I have had slight swelling in my ankles 3 times in the last few months. Late in the day. Goes away when feet are elevated....

Last reply
  • Leaky kidney

My cousin has been diagnosed with a leaky kidney. I heard this from another family member & am not close to this cousin so haven't spoken with her. Is this considered CKD? How is it treated? I read about it but am still confused. I've got CKD Stage 3 with just diagnosed as having an atrophied...

Last reply
  • Please help is it CKD for sure or not??

Hi all, Im 30 years old female. So,my story is long but to make it short, I had 2 autoimmune diseases since childhood which resuls in severe chronic dehydration in my body. I was embracing it and adapting to it all these years, until a month ago where I was given a shocking news that I have risk of developping...

Last reply
  • I'm Worried About Kidney Failure? Please Any Advice?

I'm freaking out, the last few days nearly a week, I've not been peeing as much as normal. I'm still peeing, and it's pale to clear, I drink loads of water, probably a litre and a half a day, I haven't measured.  I'm 30 yr old, female, Hypothyroid (on Eltroxin 50mg), also...

Last reply
  • Is my worry for nothing (urine bubbles among other things)

So, i am sorry if i sound a bit panicked, but I am afraid that thanks to Dr. Google, i have myself a bit worried now, and would appreciate some feedback. Some general feedback: I am 34, 320lb (working on it, lost over 15lb so far), have sleep apnea (currently treated), and i suffer from severe health...

Last reply
  • I am worried about slightly low eGFR 62

I had shock several months ago and was on dialysis for two weeks and my kidneys started to work. November I had eGFR 52 and Creatinine 1.56. Jan 5th 2018 It improved, I had eGFR 62 and Creatinine 1.35 It is May 2nd and I go for another blood test soon for May 21st appointment. I don't have proteinuria...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.