Skip to content

Kidney Failure and CKD

Also known as CKD - Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis - Kidney, Renal Failure

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Kidney infection?

Since May 30 I've been having severe flank pain on my right side and constant nausea. I was on vacation and ended up going to an emergency room and they said I had an urinary tract infection but could be affecting the kidney as I have the back pain. Put me on antibiotics for ten days and it …

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with stage 4 ckd

Hi all. I have had problems with my kidneys since I was born so kinda use to everything by now. Docs gave me a timeline ons how things would progress and to be honest we did not think it will happen this early. I am 28yrs old my count is 23 at the moment it has decreased with 34% compared to test …

Last reply
  • Suspected Kidney Failure/CKD/Bladder/Prostate Cancer?

Hi, I'm a 22 year old male(167cm tall/ 65 kg heavy) and I have almost all of the symptoms of the diseases mentioned above... for example, I have frequent urination, and I have blood and protein in my urine dipstick test. Doctor also suspected that something is wrong with my kidneys due to the …

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with kidney scarring due to childhood reflux.

Hi guys! I am 35. Recently diagnosed with Kidney scarring. biopsy suggests scarrjng due to reflux nephropathy along with subcapsular bilateral scars. Taking medications for elevated BP, which is under control now. As per last blood trst. Cretanine was 1.4 with other parameters like urea, sodium etc …

Last reply
  • Still have blood in urine 20 months after kidney trasplant?

Had a successful transplant in 2016 and a couple weeks later went to get the ureteral stint removed. When the urologist was looking with a scope he said he couldnt find the stint in the bladder! Turns out that the whole stint some how migrated all the way into the new kidney. The only way they …

Last reply
  • Blootests

Is it normal to have protein in your urine but a normal serum total protein? Still waiting on Neph appt. My eGFR went back up to 67 though. Still high ACR..

Posted
  • ckd stage 4

hi, I have been diagnosed with ckd stage 4, im 30 years old, my gfr is 21 (it was 30 in May 18) any advice, is anyone else going through this? thanks so much 

Last reply
  • Do I have kidney failure?

Hi 3 months ago I use protein dust and I'm afraid of kidney failure..I made a test a month ago. Creatinin 1,1 Creatin kinaz (CK): 131, Üre 31,3 , GFR:93 . The results are normal, but can they be detected early? Can it be detected early on? 

Last reply
  • Low GFR on Anticoagulant

My doctor has referred me to a nephrologist and now I'm worried I have kidney problems due to the medicine I'm taking. I'm 66 and in January 2018, I had a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lung) and was put on the anticoagulant, Xarelto. I had terrible side effects and was just switched …

Last reply
  • Need thoughts about paying for dialysis--I'm in the USA

Okey, I'm turning 65 this week on Friday. My nephrology gist has also made it clear that I could find myself on dialysis fairly suddenly any time now. So I've been looking at insurance and thinking about how I'm going to pay for dialysis. Key points: 1. I am still working as a …

Last reply
  • Unbearable itching

I have CKD at stage 5 and my itching has got that bad I don't get much sleep now. I have written to my renal consultant but she is not getting back to me. I have tried antihistamines, using certain creams and also damp flannels but with no success. Can anyone suggest anything that has worked …

Last reply
  • Stage 5 CkD gfr 7

I am currently waiting on my op to have my pd catheter fitted for dialysis whilst I wait for my transplant. I was just wondering if anyone else experiences extreme tiredness but isn’t anemic? Drs can’t do anything about the tiredness as there isn’t anything causing it apart from the kidney failure …

Last reply
  • Kidneys only working at 22%

Hi, i am new to this, my grandad has bladder cancer and kidney failure, his kidneys are working at just 22% he cant have dialysis or a kidney transplant so basically they cant do nothing. I live in newcastle and he is in blackpool i want to visit him but i am scared. He is on about going to buy a …

Last reply
  • Is this early kidney disease

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right place but for the past 8 months when I've performed a urine test I've had a trace of protein in my urine. I went to the doctor and it was positive for trace of protein but wen I booked another appointment and this time a saw a different doctor it was …

Last reply
  • Iga nephropathy info please

Hi, I am 45 recently had a kidney biopsy and found out I have IgA Nephropathy and my GFR is 20. We don't know why because I'm not diabetic or have any other medical issues. My doctor never really explained it to me real well or told me what to expect. So far he has put me on Losartan 25mg, …

Last reply
  • Does this sound like a potential kidney issue?

Hello all I'm asking this question on behalf of my mum, who is 62 and no particular health problems. I'll keep it brief. Over the past several months she has developed the following symptoms; Urinating less often with a lack of urge to need to pee and only urinating in small amounts. An …

Last reply
  • raised gfr

hi, I wonder if any one can explain this.. I had a nephrectomy 3 yrs ago, gfr has been 58-59  for past 3yrs, however today I had my ct scan and bloods taken just before the scan, the result IS GFR 74 !!! I was ever so pleased but cant understand how or why it has gone up in the last …

Last reply
  • Falling eGFR aged 20

Hi, I’m a 20 year old female who had a nephectomy (surgical removal of kidney) last June. Around Christmas 2017 I began to have pain in my remaining kidney and in April I was found to have an eGFR of 81 which is mildly impaired but I was told not a major concern.  I returned for a repeat test …

Last reply
  • Still waiting to see a nephrologist

Got some more tests back and my gfr dropped another 5 points in a month. From 54 to 47 and my creatinine is rising. Went from 108 to 117. my albumin/creatinine ratio is higher again. And I know it's not dehydration. I made sure to drink lots! June 7th my gfr was 64. June 18th my gfr was 52. …

Last reply
  • Multiple bilateral renal cysts

I have constant flank pain I have multiple bilateral cysts in upper and lower poles all measured 3 sides I keep getting more and more in the past 2 years my kidney function seems fine I am told theres nothing they can do and don't seem concerned

Last reply
  • CKD IM ONLY 24yrs old

can someone help me?  i diagnose with ckd when im was 18 and now im 24 yrs old now im not feeling well i feel fatigue shortness of breath i feel bad everyday can you give me a tips  base on my research baking soda is good for this situation? guys it is sage to take baking soda? 

Last reply
  • lvl lvl

Newly diagnosed with CKD stage 3 - at 33 years old

I'm 33 and have an egfr of 38 with a creatinine of 138. My bp is fine at 120/79, I don't have diabetes and am not overweight. I've never had even one UTI. 6 months ago my kidneys were fine. I've had no obvious symptoms, I am tired most of the time but I'm a full time mum to a 2 …

Last reply
  • Possible cdk

Hi, my face especially eyelids are swolen all the time. Have uncofortable feeling in kidney area in the mornings and after meals. Did quite few tests, creatinine was 99. In the sheet it was marked as elavated. Urea 4.7 was in the middle. Range. Electrolites, liver enzymes and ewerything else was …

Last reply
  • Smoking and kidney

Hi  I am occasional smoker, and found with kidney issue and did a biopsy. Biopsy result did not say anything but suspicion is the uncontrolled BP. My doctor advised not to smoke at all, and not even passive. I suspect it the BP he is trying to control by doing this. Any other …

Last reply
  • Is my worry for nothing (urine bubbles among other things)

So, i am sorry if i sound a bit panicked, but I am afraid that thanks to Dr. Google, i have myself a bit worried now, and would appreciate some feedback. Some general feedback: I am 34, 320lb (working on it, lost over 15lb so far), have sleep apnea (currently treated), and i suffer from severe …

Last reply
  • Kidney Disease Symptoms?

Hi. I've had some ongoing issues for a while now. I have multiple nodules in my left adrenal gland. I've had cysts on both kidneys. I started seeing and endocrinologist this month who is running a lot of blood work, thyroid scan, because my thyroid is enlarged etc. I've had blood in …

Last reply
  • Post Transplant Immunosuppresion

Hi, I'm waiting for a kidney transplant and have had something on my mind for a while. My husband's sister has a 5-year-old daughter and another one on the way and her and her husband are choosing not to vaccinate their kids. My husband and I had tried on numerous occasions to have a …

Last reply
  • GFR 53

Feb 2018 lost right kidney due to cancer my gfr 53 and creatine stays between 1.3 to 1.4 my blood pressure 130 over 70 should i be on renal diet , just turned 60

Last reply
  • small amount of urine

Ben 24 yaşındayım. GFR 93,1 Kreatinin 1,1, Üre 31,3 ..  Günde 3-4 kez idrar yapıyorum. Çok korkuyorum yardım lütfen 

Last reply
  • My mother age 85 has stage 5 Kidney failure..

My mother is suffering from. Kidney failure, needless to say dialysis is not an option given her other healissues.  Over the past week she seems to have gone downhill, her appetite has gone and she has become very weak. It's awful to see her like this My mother has always been very …

Last reply
  • Foamy Urine, 20 years Old

I have This foamy urine, i probably notice it for 1 week already, i dont pay attention before this 1 week, because i only pay attention when i stumble upon some article that said foamy urine is a sign of cancer. but later i found out foamy urine indicate that you have a proteinuria which is a sign …

Last reply
  • Pain after kidney removal

I had my left kidney removed due to finding a tumour on it. This was due to pain on my right rear side feeling as if I had pulled or torn a muscle in this side. Anything like Hoover or moping would activate it. After 8mths I looked into it. Diagnosed via scans. Then having removed the left kidney …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.