Skip to content

Kidney Failure and CKD

Also known as CKD - Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis - Kidney, Renal Failure

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Protein and fluid intake

68 yr old male.  One kidney removed in this past July due to a tumor.  Now I am confused on fluid intake and Protein intake. ​Fluids.  My kidney doctor and my primary care doctor say to drink plenty of fluids because I need to keep my Creatinine level under control (it is about 1.7, which...

Last reply
  • Hemo dialysis.

Hi. I have been informed that I am having my hemo catheter fitted next Tuesday. I was hoping I could stay away from hemo but my pd catheter never worked. How do you feel once you've been on it. Does it knock you About etc??

Last reply
  • Final Stage of End-Stage CKD - life expectancy?

Hi folks, My mother, who's 88, has been at Stage 5 for about 8 months.  Last September, she was hospitalised with an Acute Kidhey Injury and wasn't expected to survive.  Remarkably, though, she turned the corner and was discharged with a kidney function of 7%. Since then, I've...

Last reply
  • urination patterns / poor sleep

I'm male, 34.  Not sure if you might remember me from my previous postings/threads in which I was having some issues with urination. I'm still having these and and off strange urinary patterns with disturbed sleeping patterns too where I'd wake up at like 1am and then sometimes at 5am...

Last reply
  • CKD and pregnancy??

Hi All, I am a 30 year old female and was diagnosed with CKD 5 years ago. I have been very stable due to a combination of diet and ramipiril (for proteinuria). Creatinin is about 220 and blood pressure is perfect. I am otherwise healthy and I am a healthy weight. My neprologist has always been unsure...

Last reply
  • On going renal problems

Have been under the renal team for about 6 months now with heavy visible bleeding that they think is coming from the left kidney I’ve had every possible scan, and tests that come off the top of the head and still no further my latest test results showed protein is ++ and blood as +++. My kidney function...

Last reply
  • from stage 4 to stage 3 with fish oil and ketoanalogues

I just want to share with you guys how I manage to get back from stage 4 to stage 3 in 2 weeks. I have been fighting with an infection for a month and I was generally feeling unwell, over the course of my illness my creatinine also went up from 1.64 to 2.56 in just 2 weeks. Thank God I finally found...

Last reply
  • Kidney Cyst

I have only one kidney.  On remaining kidney I have a large 9cm X 9cm "simple" cyst.  My twice a year ultrasounds show this cyst is growing about 1/4 inch between ultrasounds.  I had appointment with urologist and expressed my concern and asked should we not drain it or remove...

Last reply
  • Angiogram through the groin

Having a angiogram tomorrow going up through my groin to see if they can find out where the constant bleeding is coming from. Just wondering if anyone else has had one just want to know how long it took, pain etc after 

Last reply
  • Kidney function and removal of one kidney

Hi  I have a question, I am also have issues with related to Kidney, and I have a bit high S creatinine. I also went through a biopsy.  My question is why some people have kidney removal, and my biopsy was taken from one Kidney and how to judge the status of other kidney? My biopsy report...

Last reply
  • Confused about BUN - diuretic - drinking lots of water

July 31 I had my left kidney removed.  I am 68 year old white male. Previously my Bun levels were high but in normal range.  My creatinine was similar.  After the removal the Bun ranges from 25, sometimes hits 30.  My creatinine was 1.9, now is about 1.6 to 1.7. All my other blood...

Last reply
  • Stage 5 Kidney Failure

My father has stage 5 renal failure he is 80 years old and today I was advised he is not a good candidate for dialysis. He is not eating and his body is weak he has not been out of bed for a week now. He has heart issues too and the dialysis would possibly not be for him! Although we could try I think...

Last reply
  • Kidney function test

My test came back 85% for left kidney and 15 % for my right kidney doctor says right kidney not worth saving had cancer tumor in lower portion of ureter tube since removed stage 0 chemo completed no cancer found doctor says it's easier to remove everything instead of respecting a small portion of...

Posted
  • I am so worried about my kidneys and I need help

Hi there, I've been worried about my kidneys for a few days ever since I've had lower back pain. I am a Type 2 Diabetic and I stopped taking metformin when I had horrible side effects and my doctor wasn't helping me. I have heard the strains metformin can have on kidneys and I am reduced...

Last reply
  • Just switched nephrologists

As I've posted earlier, I've experienced a sudden plummet in my renal function. This happened in January of 2017. My regular nephrologist thought that was due to a severe sodium deficiency. He had me start eating a high sodium diet (3500 mg sodium a day). But that made little difference. He was,...

Posted
  • Left Parenchymal Dysfunction

As per the EC scan, my left kidney is functioning 36% with 190.58 ml/min EC clearance rate and my right kidney is functioning 64% with 390.15 EC clearance rate. Are these stats dangerous?

Last reply
  • My Dad has ESRD

My father is 80 years old and has stage 5 Renal failure he is in hospital, very weak, no appetite, sleeping a lot. He has been offers HD and we are hoping to start this later this week. I don’t know what to expect. I’m worried about how frail and weak he now is, he has deteriorated in the last 2 weeks...

Last reply
  • What happened/symptoms of when your kidneys crashed

Hello everyone, I have known abut my ckd for over 7 years, ive been in stage 5 for a year, I have had the flu twice this year already and really feeling poorly, i feel so unwell, cant breath very well, spacey, more tired than normal and concentration is more difficult. I am terrified I wont know when...

Last reply
  • Labs

My last labs showed my egfr at 68. Which says it's consistent with mildly decreased kidney function My BUN is elevated at 7.4 mmol/L. Creatinine is at 87 umol/L Are these numbers okay?

Last reply
  • My mother age 85 has stage 5 Kidney failure..

My mother is suffering from. Kidney failure, needless to say dialysis is not an option given her other healissues.  Over the past week she seems to have gone downhill, her appetite has gone and she has become very weak. It's awful to see her like this My mother has always been very active...

Last reply
  • creatinine drops from 2.1 to 2.56 in 2 weeks

I have been diagnosed with ckd 7 years ago, i was 22. i am now 29. 7 years ago my creatinine was 1.8, i was even able to lower it to 1.6 in a week because i did a strict diet. Just recently I had an infection and been sick and have fever for 10 days. my creatinine went down from 2.1 two weeks ago down...

Last reply
  • How long from stage 4-5

My sister has alports and has stage 4 ckd which doctors are trying to controll through diet. Was wondering what everyone's experiences/time frame was from ckd4-5

Last reply
  • Foamy urine - proteinuria or lack of water intake?

For over 3 years I noticed foamy urine off and on. The first time I noticed I went to doc, did a urine sample test and found small traces of urine by nurse. So I was then sent off to have lots of kindey test: eGFR MICROALBUMIN/CREATININE MICROALBUMIN, UR, QN BUN BUN-to-creatinine ratio A1C Liver Panel...

Last reply
  • Struggling to cope with renal failure

I am at end stage 5 sitting at a 9% function.  On the 22nd December I had a "missed call"  sinse that day I've started to really struggle mentally.  I feel guilty I don't spend enough time with my young famy due to constant feeling of tiredness.  I work full time...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed with CKD - looking for advice.

I an 44 years of age, Male and have been recently diagnosed with CKD not sure which state it is. My serum creatinine is showing 8.8 and for the past 2 years I have been taking blood pressure medication. Also have had type 2 diabetes for a year and have been taking high blood pressure medication twice...

Last reply
  • Creatinine ranging between 1.20 to 1.57 for past 7 months

Hi, I am Manish age 38 from India. I went for routine checkup and i was not having any problem. Life was going good. Report suggested that my Creatinine 1.42 Phosphorus 7.1 Tri-Iodothyronine Total (TT3) 0.78 Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) 8.93 Vitamin D-3 (25 - Hydroxy) 18.13 Doctors prescribed...

Last reply
  • Confused why Doctors aren't concerned about egfr 54???

Good morning. I am just wondering why after 4 years of my egfr being 56..now 54 my Doctor is showing NO concern....I have a history of high BP which I have been on medication for 10 yrs. I am 64 ..no smoker...not over weight...semi active, when I'm not exhausted. I recently and have had in the last...

Last reply
  • Worried about renal function after blood test.

Hello, Had blood and urine test on 1/19 because I noticed my urine was bubbly. Egfr came back 63, bun 21, creatinine 1.42. No protein in urine analysis and a/g ratio 1.1. I have more bloods if im missing numbers. Age 29 male. Workout a ton and was supplementing protein and creatine. Protein was between...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease

As from the title I am recently diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease, my gfr is 56. I have been feeling off colour for a few years now with symptoms getting worse. I have weight loss, swollen ankles, shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, a need to pee all through the night, difficulty sleeping, Itchy...

Last reply
  • Insomnia and intense itching due to Candesartan? (CKD linked)

Hi I have been taking Candesartan for about 20 years and have increasing symptoms that I have 'just lived with' which after MANY years have come to a head. I am awake no AGAIN at 02:45 researching whether or not I should just stop taking it. I have CKD diagnosed at the age of 16 and I feel the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.