Skip to content
Ad

Kidney Failure and CKD

Also known as CKD - Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis - Kidney, Renal Failure

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Mom got rejected as a candidate for kidney transplant

Hi, My mom has had kidney failure for almost 2 years and has been on dialysis since then 3xweek. She also has well controlled diabetes, high blood pressure, and from being in the hospital so long, she suffered from some physical disability (uses a walker and sometimes a wheelchair--also cyst in her...

Last reply
  • Stage 5 CKD and

Found out this week that my GFR is now down to 14 and likely to drop further,  How long from entering Stage 5 will it be before I am wired up for dialysis?  Currently injecting with ESA for anaemia and have, yesterday, had a iron infusion.  Just looking for some advice from people who...

Last reply
  • CKD stage 3+heart attack+diabetes +anemia

I am from India(asia)   My father 53 years age is having diabetes from past 17 years ,on 30 april suddenly he had an heart attack due to high BP as no blockage was found BP 240/120 .On the examination of Kidney he was diagonised with CKD stage 3 his cretanine was 2.0 and also high leakage of protine...

Last reply
  • Krill Oil

Hi, very simple question. I have Ckd stage 3. Does anyone take Krill Oil to help reduce cholesterol? I take a statin at the moment but my cholesterol had actually gone up so I'm looking for an alternative. I read somewhere that it had anti-inflammatory properties so I'm unsure of the impact on...

Last reply
  • Hello. GFR 6 and medication change

I went to see my nephrologist yesterday and it seems my GFR is now down to 6 and I am finding any kind of activity draining. The neph. has taken me off amlodipine and perindorpril and has not prescribed any new medication. I have again declined the offer of dialysis and I am wondering not what happens...

Last reply
  • eGFR dropped from 60 to 36

I lost one kidney to cancer 2 years ago. EGFR stayed around 60 but now dropped to 36. Am being treated for UTI. Could this affect the result? Seeing doctor soon and trying not to panic in the meantime!

Last reply
  • High creatinine, uric acid, thyriod

Hi, I am Manish age 37 from India. I went for routine checkup and i was not having any problem. Life was going good. Report suggested that my Creatinine 1.42  Phosphorus 7.1 Tri-Iodothyronine Total (TT3) 0.78 Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) 8.93 Vitamin D-3 (25 - Hydroxy) 18.13 Doctors prescribed...

Posted
  • steroid injections ??

Hi all, quick question ....due worsening arthritis in my wrist i am contemplating having steriod injections, does anyone know if they might worsen my kidney funtion which is presently at 18%. Thanks  Andy.

Last reply
  • Tomorrow is the Day

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, my regular nephrologist has referred me to a university medical center nephrology department. He says I should have much more renal function than I've got. My function plummeted to between 14-15% this past December. My nephrologist thinks this is due to severe,...

Last reply
  • Radical Nephrectomy

A tumor was discovered in my right kidney resulting in a radical nephrectomy 3 weeks ago. After a kidney function test a few days ago I was informed that my GFR is 40 on my remaining kidney.  I had no previous kidney issues. I do not have high BP and I do not have diabetes. My GFR was fine in the...

Last reply
  • 13% kidney function. Whats next

Hi all, I have PKD and just got word my kidney function is 13%. I "feel" normal, but i know the symptoms can creep up on you. I do feel tired, sometimes get feet cramps, and occasionally itchy/restless legs. Im looking for some info on how to relieve the symptoms for the above. Im male ...

Last reply
  • how to Prepare My House for Dialysis

As I have mentioned in an earlier post, I am a single person who lives alone. My nephrologist has begun discussing dialysis options with me. He says I'm a good candidate for PD dialysis which o would be able to do at home independently. I've begun reading about PD dialysis. It looks as though...

Last reply
  • GFR falling, creatanine rising, I'm panicking!

Hi all, Sorry this is a long post...  I hope someone will have some idea of what is happening to me!  I am a 60 year old woman with no history of kidney trouble.  I am not a diabetic, blood pressure normally fine, not overweight, no alcohol/smoking, healthy vegetarian diet all my adult...

Last reply
  • My mother age 85 has stage 5 Kidney failure..

My mother is suffering from. Kidney failure, needless to say dialysis is not an option given her other healissues.  Over the past week she seems to have gone downhill, her appetite has gone and she has become very weak. It's awful to see her like this My mother has always been very active...

Last reply
  • palpitations

I've been on Haemo Dislysis since Jan 17. I've started to experience palpitations and wondered if anyone else had experienced this? If so did anything stop this?

Last reply
  • Foamy urine - proteinuria or lack of water intake?

For over 3 years I noticed foamy urine off and on. The first time I noticed I went to doc, did a urine sample test and found small traces of urine by nurse. So I was then sent off to have lots of kindey test: eGFR MICROALBUMIN/CREATININE MICROALBUMIN, UR, QN BUN BUN-to-creatinine ratio A1C Liver Panel...

Last reply
  • Low Stage IV - dialysis questions

Hello everyone🐶 I'm new to this forum but am hoping to get some information and support. So a little about my situation: I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB CKD on Halloween, October 31, in 2011. My creatinine was 1.2 at that time. It remained stable until May of 2013 when it plummeted to 3.2....

Last reply
  • Ileal Ureter Creation/Reconstruction Complications

I had an Ileal (small piece of my small intestine) ureter creation 3 months ago.  Because of a stone stuck in the ureter for awhile.  Long story short.  Has anyone here ever have this done?  The problem I have is chronic pain.  The Urologist wants me to see a pain management...

Last reply
  • Creatinine 3.4, eGFR 14--Stage V treatment option questions

Hello🐶 My renal function deteriorated from 29% (creatinine 1.8) to 14% (creatinine 3.4) this past December. Of course I'm working with my nephrologist and other professionals on my medical team to try to recoup some renal function I've lost. I also have an appointment with a nephrologist...

Posted
  • eGFR 14-creatinine 3.4, Stage V gathering information

My renal function deteriorated from eGFR of 29, where it had been stable for 4 years, to an eGFR of 14 this past December. I'm visiting with my medical team about treatment options. But I would like to hear a little about patient experiences with the two options I'm considering: PD dialysis...

Last reply
  • Skin condition during dialysis

Hi I am new to this group actually my dad is on dialysis for past two years one thing that bothers him most is the skin condition he gets these painful bubbles like things on body that are clear first and then turn black or red fluid bubbles and then they rupture what to do to help ease this condition...

Last reply
  • GFR 84 female, 26 y/o

Creatinine was 0.94 Egfr 84 BUN 1 point above the range Albumin 5.2 Electrolytes all within normal range Recently increased protein/meat in diet, but I don't remember what I ate directly leading up to the test. Test was taken around lunch time and I hadn't had lunch yet but can't remember...

Last reply
  • Stage 3 CKD - Depressed- :(

My sister has been diagnosed with stage 3 CKD due to alport syndrome . Her gfr is 37. My question is, with medication and diet can we prevent her going on to stage 4. She is only 21.

Last reply
  • Stage 3 CKD and lost

Hi, I have been in chronic kidney failure since 2012.  Over the last year and a half my GFR went from 58.1 to 47.  I have had 1 really bad kidney infection and just caught another starting last week.  Hopefully, the antibiotics will knock it out.  My creatinine started at .08 and...

Last reply
  • My urine sample results are back but not sure what they mean

Here are my results Urine microalbumin level Ref. Range : Urine Albumin / Creatinine Ratio (ACR) In Diabetes Mellitus :- ACR >3.0 suggests clinically significant microalbuminuria. Without Diabetes Mellitus :- ACR >=30 mg/mmol suggests clinically significant proteinuria. ACR >=70 mg/mmol suggests...

Last reply
  • Concerned about Creatinine Serum & eGFR numbers

Just had routine bloodwork done and my Creatinine Serum came back 1.02 which is high but what I am really concerned about is the eGFR number which came back at 56 which after my research says I have Stage 3 Kidney disease. I don't know whether to be upset or not. I have never had this happen before....

Last reply
  • Worrying results wondering what the best next step is?

Hi! So I'm 26 years old and was getting a general health checkup when I got worrying results on my Creatine levels. Fast forward few months and I've been told i have reduced Kidney Function. I am currently working out of the country, so finding an English speaking doctor is a little hard and...

Last reply
  • GFR drop

I'm a 63 year old woman. My GFR went from 80 to 38 over an 8 month period. I'm hoping it's an anomaly, but how long am I supposed to wait before doing another test? Or should the doctor be doing some sort of further testing now since it was just a drastic drop?

Last reply
  • overcome with grief about euthanasia please help

3 days ago we put our beloved cat down. He was 15 1/2 but started sleeping a lot and had been drinking water from our glasses beside the bed. He stopped eating one day and so we took him to the vet with the news it was pretty bad kidney disease. I feel so bad because i should have taken him to the vet...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.