GFR dropped from over 90 to 54 in 1 year and creatinine increased from .8 to 1.18

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've recently been having trouble with high blood pressure and my doctor wanted to put me on Hydrochlorothiazide. She said we needed kidney function tests before starting it. Well the kidney tests came back that my GFR (which was >90 in October 2020) was 55. They retested in 3 days and it went up to 62. They did another retest a few days later it was 64. Doctor told me not to worry since it was increasing. I had a bp check last week and asked if they could retest since it had been 1 month. The retest has my GFR now at 55. I'm 48 yr old female. I'm super concerned but my doctor doesn't seem to think much of it. I'm concerned about such a huge drop in just over 1 year. Should I be worried??

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.