i can not cope with night drainage bags

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone else have problems with their night time catheter drainage bag? I know its supposed to go below the bladder (ie dangling over edge of bed) do you have to have a night bag? I end up rolling around in bed, trapping the tube and sometimes it wraps around my leg and i pull it out. Every morning, i end up cutting corner of bag and drain the urine. Usually i end up with urine all over my hand! I just dont want a night bag because i dont urinate that much in the night.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes they are a pain in the backside my cathata has come out several time I knocked the stand over once after having a bad dream you need to the connection pipe a bit more firmly do u use a prosys night bags 2ltr capacity and connect it to your day bag that's the one that come off. thing is they don't tell you about these problems my problem how do you shower with the day bag when it's covered in a cotton like fabric non of the nurses could give an answer. it does restrict your movement so I can sympathise with you I come across a guy who state he do not use the stand he just leaves the night bag on floor it's a bit like having a ball and chain but this one is not tied around your ankle

• Posted

oh also your urinating can vary from time to time as they tell us to keep well hydrated all the best

brian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.