25 years old and had my gallbladder removed 2 days ago

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am just curious about anyone else my age having their gallbladder removed. I had been dealing with abdomen pain for over a month leading up to the surgery, it wasnt until recently that they figured out I had gallstones. At first the doctors thought it was my appendix from where my pain started, it took two ER visits, two urgent care visits and many drs appointments so finally figured it out. I still dont know 100% why I had gallstones I am not overweight I am 130lbs and 5'7, I dont have a high fat diet I eat pretty healthy. The only thing I can figure is birth control? Ive been on the depo shot for about 6 months. Also how long until your pain from surgery started to go away. I feel better but I just want an estimate as to when it wont kill me to get off the couch you know?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Glad your surgery went well !

I am awaiting a date actually looking forward to it

A week and then things should be less painful getting off the couch, the tiredness feeling is supposed to be a month

Appendix pain should be lower

I am a 29 year old male and bar drinking too much around Uni I didn't have anything that made me a candidate to have Bilary Dsykensia

Birth control does increase chances of gall stones though

• Posted

hey am 25 and i had mines remove 3 months ago, mines was full of stones and making me sick and had issues but doctors believe mine issues is from my pregnancies, having my baby is when i found i had gallstones and after i got pregnant again and boom my gallbladder started to act up again but this time the symptoms were not going away so after another ultrasound dr said i had lots and lots of stones from when i had the last ultrasound but pain wise you should be find in a 1-2 weeks but activities wise it took me a whole month to fully lift. i was on the couch for a while too

• Posted

hello,

things to consider post op:

• some digestion aid like creon
    • take some raw organic coconut oil, it is said to digest without need of bile
    • drink enough water as you are going to have either constipated or loose for life unfortunately

basically now you wont digest fat well enough. you will have dry skin, joint ache and general weakness.

to easen these symptoms - like said experiment with above measures.

also if you stumble with morning diarea - try calcium carbonate before going to bed.

• Posted

My brother had his gallbladder out. I worked with him at the time, it was a job involving lots of heavy lifting, he was back at work after 2 weeks and he can eat anything he wants when he wants, infact he's got a crap diet so don't believe all the horror stories.

• Posted

lucky him to eat what he want, i cant eat high fats greasy food or else i will pay the price, but i hope its because am still healing and my body need to get use to not having gb no more but i heard mix reviews, most said they have more GI issues after removal some said they never had any issues after so everyone is different you know,

• Posted

Hi...if there's a bit of advice I can give you before you have surgery, don't eat anything with a fat content higher than 5%, that's what my very experienced surgeon told me. I had to wait six weeks before he could operate due to overseas commitments and I wanted to use him as he was very experienced so I waited. I did exactly what he said and grilled and boiled everything (boring) no fat etc, and then one day I ate a sausage and blow me down...the pain because the gall bladder is triggering reacting to the fat and trying to squirt out bile but can't due to the blocked bile duct! Some people are just more prone to making gall stones it's just the way it is. I'm not overweight either and still managed to lose 24.5 pounds in that six weeks due to the fat free diet, it soon went back on though...lol!

• Posted

I'm 37 and just recently had my gallbladder removed. I had lost my appetite 2 months prior and couldn't figure out why. I am almost 4 weeks post surgery with still no appetite. I have been dealing with alot of reflux & indigestion. I've also been having warm sensations on my right side since the surgery ( don't really know what's causing it) I did alot of yoyo dieting and I'm not paying for it. I have no clue when I will ever feel hungry again. Even when I eat a decent meal I don't even feel full. Good luck to you on your surgery.

• Posted

hi,

I'm 24 and I had my gallbladder removed about 1 week ago now. since surgery i have been able to eat what i want without pain. The pain of getting off the sofa will go in a few days. i'm still slightly sore but nothing like those first few days. The only problem i have had is constipation and i think thats mainly from the meds that they gave me to take for pain. Other than this i have been completely fine obviously tired but thats going away too.

Also a lot of people on my family have had their gallbladder's removed too and from what i have read online it can be hereditary.

hope this helps 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.