25 years with p

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have recently learnt that Scandinavian ancestry is linked to pmr. I have this link,thank yo u Vikings!

It is amazing how quickly steroids, Prednisolone, can relieve the symptoms. The problem I have is that if I have been very active or done a lot of heavy work my symptoms increase,not so much with aching joints but a feeling of being unwell and feeling very lethargic. Only in extreme cases do I get muscle and joint pains.

An extra dose of Pred. always sorts me out but ,as I am sure most people find doctors reluctant to prescribe extra tablets. I realise that this is because of the health risks, with the continual pressure to reduce the daily intake to 5mg.

I have never found this possible and being a big, active man I think that not enough consideration is given to physical size and way of life when considering what each individual requires.

I have regular health checks and bone scans and so far I have survived reasonably well.

Slainte

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.