26 year old femal with eGFR of 60 i

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi may name is Ellie and I have 60 eGFR is that normal I'm also low in iron ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Ellie. 60-89 is considered "mild reduction related to normal range for young adult" according to the renal association. Anyone with a gfr of 60 or greater would not be considered to have CKD unless other kidney markers were showing as abnormal. Did you get your creatinine level by any chance, or a reading called ACR? For a lady creatinine should be below 100 (can't remember exactly but it's something like 80-100). The ACR should be under 30mg/g. If it's higher than this AND the gfr is less than 60 then it can indicate mild kidney disease / function impairment. Please note I am not a doctor, just a long suffering patient (but had a transplant recently!). Anything else just ask as I'm following the post. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Ellie.  Please be sure that you are reading your results correctly.  Some labs do not give the actual GFR.  They only report actual numbers if it is below 60.  If it is at 60 or above they will just say >60.  60 is considered "normal".  Now apparently you went to a doctor to get this test.  Did the doctor express any concerns about your GFR?  As far as being low in iron, again do not let one blood test alarm you.  Had your iron level been low for 2 or 3 tests in a row?  Does your doctor express any concerns with your iron level?  To increase iron red meat is the best, but also chicken.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.