26 year old female - urinating during sleep with no sense of urgency

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been staying up much later than usual for the past month. It isn't truly an issue, except for the fact that it bothers me if I fall asleep after the sun rises up (around Seven to Eight a.m.) So to ensure or help me fall asleep beforehand, I began to take Melatonin (Specifically something called "Nature's Way Sambucus NightTime Standardized Elderberry Syrup + Melatonin"). Throughout the day, I also take a woman's multivitamin, Flo (a vitamin to help with my painful periods), and I take fiber supplements at night.

Ever since I've added Melatonin to my regimen - I've urinated in my sleep. It's very strange due to the fact that it isn't a Lot of urination. First time was during a dream I had of me actually using the bathroom. When I woke up, I felt myself literally pushing out urine (it wasn't an urgent need to urinate) - and it Stopped when I woke up to actually go to the bathroom. I thought it was just a rare thing due to my dream, so I thought nothing of it.

A week later - Today, I fell asleep naturally without melatonin (have been taking it Every day prior) around 7 a.m. Woke up during a dream that had nothing to do with using the bathroom - urinating myself the Same Exact way. I felt myself literally pushing out the urine - but with No urgency. It stopped when I woke up and went to the bathroom. It was also not a lot of urine.

Can someone Please help me with this. I cannot be a grown adult and yet some how still urinating while asleep. I haven't done such a thing since I was 11 - and that was entirely different in a sense that I didn't wake up to myself pushing it out, it was a normal childish thing and I literally wet the entire bed.

I'm Hoping this is happening because of the Melatonin supplement, but I am not sure. The only other issue I've been having this month is severe heartburn (that's gotten so bad to the point my throat has been irritated) and I've cut something out of my diet because of it - It hasn't been as bad since.

Please help me determine what may be causing this. Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.