26 year old mum, Pancreatic cancer scared.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 26 female overweight

My symptoms have been going on since mid November it started with constipation then rectal bleeding, and a change in stool, pain in my upper right and middle abdomen sharp pain sometimes burning pain also new onset of acid reflux

my bloods have come back as

ALT:68

AST:39

GGT:47

Bilirubin: 8 even though my eyes are yellow, is this even possible?!

Iron:9.9

Ferritin:161

Haemoglobin;147

ESR:33

Tests were done 28.21.16

Fecal occult test. Clear

Urine test clear. (Not sure what they were checking though)

I've had a ultrasound sound done today I know I don't have gall stones I was told that today, I collect the results Thursday in very worried I have pancreatic cancer. 2 years ago I was told I had a inflamed pancreas and liver but I was never told it was an issue so I just let it go now I'm in panic mode. Not really asking specific question but some advice or words of courage wouldn't go astray 😊

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to put in original post blood test done in May 16 see some changes

Ferritin is down from 178

Iron ^ from 7.1

Esr down from 39

Alt up from 49

AST up from 32

GGT up from 43

This might mean something to someone that understands all these results

• Posted

Try not to worry. I would think pancreatic cancer is very rare in someone your age. Try to change your diet to a very natural healthy one. I'm now paying the price of an unhealthy diet and I wish I was young like you so I could prevent some of my illnesses. Good luck to you. Please let us know what they find.

• Posted

Thank you Nina. I have made a big change to my diet eating salad and vegetables for lunch and dinner and added fruit to my diet, now starting having breakfast and no longer drink soft drink. I will get the results of my abdominal ultrasound tomorrow in very nervous, I will post my results 😊

• Posted

Sorry forgot to post my results my pancreas came back normal everything was normal besides enlarged fatty liver, I'm relieved my results were pretty good but still at square one trying to figure out what is causing my pain.

• Posted

Glad to hear you didn't get bad news. It's very frustrating when you have all these symptoms and tests and they can't figure out what is wrong. Just keep eating healthy and keep a healthy weight at least so you know you aren't making things worse.

• Posted

I'm so sorry you are going through this!  If you are concerned about cancer, as most of us with pancreatic issues are at some point, there are things you can do with your diet to lower the risk.  I don't think you should stress about cancer until you have a clear reason to, and having pancreatitis or pancreatic symptoms is hellish enough-- so all your sypmtoms could simply be that, and not point to cancer but just pancreatic inflamation.  Turmeric and ginger are wonderful herbs for reducing cancer risk and, if cancer is already present, for reducing inflamation, killing or depriving growth of cancer cells, and keeping the cancer from recieving additional blood flow-- in other words, keeping it contained and not spreading.  Also, I was just reading how important vitamin D is for reducing the risk of pancreatic cancer.  I take vitamin D because I had rickets in the past and my levels are low, but I also lay under a UVB light to absorb vitamin D through my skin, which is much more efficient.  It's actually a bulb made for a lizard habitat, lol, but I bask under it daily and this may sound crazy, but it helps me go to the bathroom!  If I am constipated (sorry for TMI) I lay under the light for 20 min or so, and voila, I can go!  I think vitamin D aids in digestion in ways doctors aren't fully aware of yet.  There are  other things you can do as well, like eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice, which is supposed to aid the pancreas.  Eat low fat and eat fruits and veggies that reduce inflamation.  I also take fish oil capsules to reduce inflamation.  Take care and hope this helps!  I hope they reveal what is wrong and I pray it isn't cancer!

• Posted

I understand what your going through. I too think I have pancreatic cancer I had blood tests done and we're normal. I'm not jaundiced "yet" but I am scared as well you have my support

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.