26 Year Old with IBS

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all,

after having blood and stool tests that have come back all clear my doctor has diagnosed me with IBS.

ive had a recent flair up and this time ive had a new symptom. Today i've been feeling a little more acidic than usual. i also feel as though something is stuck in my throat. has anyone else had this before? i can eat okay but it feels like something is lodged there. i have also been taking Omeprazole if that changes anything.

thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Matthew.,now that you have been diagnosed with ibs ,you must make sure of what you are eating.Omeprazole is an anti acid capsule which will help you to cut down too much acid in your body

• Posted

The feeling of something being stuck in your throat is reflux, awful, right? try baking soda water, its worth a shot and its more natural than medications that can sometimes make it worse. Try journaling your diet and writing down everything you eat and how you feel after-it may give you some direction as to if there is any foods bothering you. Chronic stress can make this worse too. Best wishes to you

• Posted

The feeling you are having in your throat sounds like acid reflux. If you think it is the medicine you are taking you should contact your Dr.

• Posted

Your new symptoms sound like acid reflux which is common with IBS; I have had both the symptoms you describe. Avoid acidic, rich and spicy foods. Omeprazole reduces acid so it should help heartburn. If it doesn't agree with you, try milk and an OTC antacid instead. I take H2 blockers and milk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.