26th day on Lustral when will it work

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just started Lustral for the second time.  I took it in 2012 and weaned off it very slowly finished it in August bang 2 months later came back full on.  I only came off it because the problems that led we to take it in the first place I thought were solved.  This time it seems so much worse feel very very down it took a long time last time but I can't remember feeling so down the side effects are awful and they scare me so much.  Please as anyone experienced this for a second time?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Is that an antidepresant?
    • Posted

I've not heard of that 1 either but just googled it n yeah it is
    • Posted

Lustral (sertraline)

Lustral tablets contain the active ingredient sertraline hydrochloride, which is a type of antidepressant known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). Sertraline tablets are also available without a brand name, ie as the generic medicine.

• Posted

Im personaly not on an antidepresant,my son is,so im no expert but once you go on an antidepresant isnt it kind of a lifelong thing as it affects brain chemestry? ..i dont know,might be worth looking it up.You might also need a different med.I would research antidepresants and then go in and ask your doc a page full of questions.I do that for any issue i go to the doctor for.
    • Posted

I've suffered from anxiety for 15 year I've had a few good year but the rest just total crap m8 , I have known some people say they had anxiety but no longer suffer from it , I h8 taking tablets I've come off them so many times but think my biggest downfall is smoking, when I stop my anxiety calms down but yet I still smoke, yeah stupid I no
  • Posted

Lustral was the first med I ever tried, the first time I was on it I felt better after 2 weeks and came off thinking I had imagined the whole thing, the second time it was more like 4-6 weeks and I think it was because I was worse by that point, Ihad 50mg and they doubled it to 100mg.

That was years ago and I am on a different med now because it worked better for me, ideally I would have liked to have stayed on Lustral but at the time it was advised that it shouldn't be mixed with the new med I was given.

Anyway it can take a while but I would say if you don't see an improvement after 6 weeks or the side effects become intolerable then go back and ask about trying something else instead, sometimes a med can work very well the first time but it just doesn't have the same effect at another point in your life or can give you some side effects that you can't tolerate when it wasn't like that the first time.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply it is the first time on this site.  Feeling so frightened that this will never get better.  I know it took a long time before and then worked really well but can't seem to get that into my head when feeling so awful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.