27.8mm stone pain and side affects.

Posted , 4 users are following.

so i was told i had a massive stone first they did a uroscopy which was crapy and didnt get even half the stone. It went from 27mm to 12mm then they did a litsotripsy which now i can sit around but as soon as i start working i get extreme lower back pain. as well as trouble using the bathroom. After the lithotripsy I lost feeling in my lower lip and have yet to regain it. this lisotripsy was 2 weeks ago last monday i woke up sicker then ever. just wondering if this is all normal. This is my first kidney stone l.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Peter..Those symptoms..the lower lip and feeling sick doesn't sound normal to me. Why not check in with your doctor just to make sure everything is as it should be. my gosh..what a massive stone! They are probably going to do another litho,as they seem to have blasted it in half. I would make sure you tell the anesthesiologist about the lip...could be a side effect of the meds used along with the general sick feeling. I have been told sometimes takes awhile after a surgery to feel up to par. Good luck and please let us know how things turn out.

• Posted

This does not sound normal to me.

I had several kidney stones about 27 mm in total.

A consultant urologist in Bristol removed them keyhole surgery in December last year and I am now fine, he got to them all thank goodness.

If you are not happy you need to go back to GP or consultant urologist and get this sorted.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

So saw my doctor today. I have a major kidney infection. Which is the reason i am so sick. there is pieces of the stone left but he wants to wait till the infection is gone. then he said i should be able to pass them on my own and he will remove the stent. As for my numb lip it was a side affect of the stuff they use to put you under. thank you for your advice

• Posted

So saw my doctor today. I have a major kidney infection. Which is the reason i am so sick. there is pieces of the stone left but he wants to wait till the infection is gone. then he said i should be able to pass them on my own and he will remove the stent. As for my numb lip it was a side affect of the stuff they use to put you under. thank you for your advice

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

hey Peter, It has been some time since your post. Any updates on your condition?

• Posted

Like bekindest I would also be interested to know how you are now.

Take care and keep in t ouch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.