27 and Shingles????

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with shingles, however it's only a small cluster of blisters that doesn't hurt but is just itchy. I don't have any fevers, headaches, etc. It's just a cluster that itches and comes back from time to time. Seems like only when I am stressed.

I just want a confirmation or idea of what it actually is and if there is a permanent treatment.

I wish I could post a photo of what it looks like.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i is shingles...it may get worse before it gets better.

A vsccine is available. It is not 100% effective.

Glaxo Smith Klein has submitted Shingrex to the USA FDA end of October requesting fat track approvl...no approvl yet.

Shingrex is a non-live virus vaccination tht is suposed to have great efficacy.

• Posted

Not sure where you are from  but Hi  how are you getting on. in the UK  this vaccine is only for people over the age of 70.    Jocelyne in Cambridge  UK
    • Posted

over 70!!!! how barbaric...I had shingles the first time at 11 and four more timesby the time I was 61...I am also on chemo so can not take a live virus vaccination. Shingrex is not live virus.

In the USA, our pharmacist can administer the vaccination without a prescription.

so very different...thank you!

sorry too...

• Posted

I have just sent you my email address,  click on  the envelope under your name

gentle hugs  Jocelyne  Cambridge in the UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.