Skip to content
Ad

Shingles

All discussions in this group

Next
  • In need of help please!

Hello everyone! Im in need of advice with these shingles. I had my first outbreak last year December 2016. I had rash on my forehead,scalp,and right eye..which had swollen up. I went to the my family doctor and she said it could be a allergic reaction..she gave me some meds for allergic reaction. Maybe...

Last reply
  • Sharing my experience - recurring shingles

I'm a 35 year old female and have had recurring shingles for about 7 years which occurs anything from 3-7 times a year and occasionally back to back. It is always a small cluster of itchy/stinging spots at the base of my spine and thankfully, the only other symptom can be overly sensitive skin down...

Last reply
  • I am in a panic ..please help

I can't keep living this way, everything I stop the val cyclo virtual I week later it comes back..this time I had a rash under my left breast, 2 weeks ago it was under my right breast...I start the meds asap, because before I caught on to this issue..I was laid up for a week unable to function with...

Last reply
  • Still Getting Sick After 4 Months

It's been a while since I've posted here. It's now been 4 months since I was diagnosed with Shingles and I'm still not fully recovered. I'm posting tonight because I feel particularly bad. I don't have post nerve damage and all the spots on my forehead and eye have cleared up....

Last reply
  • Swelling with shingles

hi , I’m 59 and for a few days I had a pain in my thigh and leg , thought it was sciatica, on and off. Then last Wednesday discovered a rash on inner thigh spreading, felt quite ill. Saw GP the same day and she said shingles and put me on anti vitals. For a couple of days it seemed to not have spread,...

Last reply
  • Itching in different spots after shingles rash healed

Hello everyone, I am 29 and I have been diagnozed with zoster virus 4 weeks ago. I had a small rash on my lower back on the right side. It was itching and burning from time to time but the pain was not unbearable. I saw a dematologist few days later, and I was put on antivirus medication Acyclovir 800mg...

Last reply
  • Skin crawling, minimal rash, minimal pain - Shingles?

I am 51 and I developed a mild rash on my neck area.  The bumps are tiny and a little rough and the bigger ones radiate in a line along the side of my neck.  It is sensitive to touch, itchy, burning and at times feels like my skin is crawling or sweat is trickling.  Sometimes I have...

Last reply
  • New vaccine. Has anyone tried it?

Print The New 'Super Vaccine' for Shingles The must-get shot for those over 50 offers breakthrough effectiveness by Kathleen Fifield, AARP, November 15, 2017|Comments: 30GETTY IMAGES The new vaccine is expected to be available by January. Calling a new shingles vaccine “nothing...

Last reply
  • Can shingles cause hallucinations?

Hello this is about my mum, she got shingles about 3 days ago and has all the symptoms in the leaflets etc. Since last night though she has been hallucinating, and very confused. She could hear a radio which wasn't there and has been arguing with people that aren't there. She's really confused,...

Last reply
  • Shingles and Flu Shot

Last year I developed a case of shingles shortly after getting my flu shot.  I read on this forum where somebody felt that their shingles might have been related to getting the flu shot.  I have not gotten a flu shot this fall and don’t know if there is a connection between the two or not....

Last reply
  • Shingles and anxiety

I'm 35 and had 7/ 8 weeks of intense burning pain around my head which usually starts on the right side. After exploring various avenues I developed some itchy spots around my head, my doctor prescribed aciclovir which I took for 7 days, on the 6th day the pain had almost gone and I had a few days...

Last reply
  • I've got shingles

Hi, Ive had shingles now for about 2 weeks. I only noticed the blisters about 7days ago. Though I had pain under my breast and round to my back. I was treating the rash for a day or two with sudocrem thinking it was a heat rash. (I've quite large breasts) then noticed blisters and it spreading. after...

Last reply
  • Shingles

I have just been diagnosed with Shingles.First GP dismissed me as having a virus.A different doctor today diagnosed shingles in seconds.Its in right  hand side of my head.Affecting my eyebrow-lumpy intensely itchy rash.Right eyelid and corners of eye intensely itchy and sore..Intensely itchy forehead...

Last reply
  • " Shingle Bells"

Diagnosed with shingles almost 5 weeks ago. Started with pain that I thought was coming from abdominal hernia. By the time I got to Dr, blisters had erupted and Dr treated me for shingles with Valtrex and pain meds. Rash and blisters nearly gone along with fever, headache and malaise. However, excruitating...

Last reply
  • Lasting shingles pain

So I'm 7 weeks into this my shingles seem to be clearing up but the prickly nerve pain is worse and the swelling is awful. I have it around my left rib cage from my back to under left breast. I had broken those ribs a couple years back and they settled in right there. I'm swollen terrible. Anyone...

Last reply
  • Anyone had Shingles on their face/head?

I was diagnosed as having Shingles on Friday at the doctors. I started itching on my forehead Tues night and by the next day my forehead had all red marks on it? I didn't realise you can get shingles on your face?  I have had horrible pain on/off since, swelling on my eyebrow and jawline near...

Last reply
  • Prolonged Nerve pain / tingling after back surgery

Hi all - I had successful upper back surgery in early September to release a herniated disc (c6-7)  that was causing  me alot of pain and nerve damage on my left arm. I was recovering well then contracted zoster virus / shingles in late October (over 10 weeks ago). I then got a rash on my...

Last reply
  • Weird Shingles symptoms

I was dx with Shingles last week. Rash on my left buttocks. But prior to that I had severe joint pain on my hands, knees and elbows. They put me on prednisone thinking maybe it was RA. Then after the prednisone I developed the rash. They put me on valtrex, neurontin, and norco. The weird thing is i have...

Last reply
  • I'm not sure if I have ear infection or second noutbof shingles

Last episode of shingles 3 months ago - felt unwell this week - last couple of days experienced burning top of ear and inside - went to gp advised possible infection in ear prescribed drops and olive oil due to build up of wax - decided to go back this afternoon for second opinion due to ongoing burning...

Last reply
  • Shingles pain and itching HELP pls

my shingles blisters and rashes have fallen off and skin that was left raw and open is healing BUT the pain and itching has worsened and intensified. The prickling pain and twitching feeling is so intense and irritating I've given into itching. Does anyone know of anything I can do....the other day...

Last reply
  • Constant PAIN IN JAW -- SHINGLES?

Jan. 3, 2018. Husband, 93, with history of 2 bouts of shingles, last one a few years ago. Has had vaccine. About a month after 8 rounds of chemo for prostate cancer (seven full months) Joe had a root canal for a painful tooth #22, lower left side of jaw. Jaw pain started after that, Constant for 5 weeks....

Last reply
  • Feeling relieved!

My first shingles pain was on November 9th! Three visits to the ER without a diagnosis. I finally suggested can this be Shingles and it was then confirmed. Two weeks had now passed,  so the window for antivirals were gone. I was put on it for 2 weeks and also prescribed gabapentin. Today December...

Last reply
  • Shingles in the mouth

I had a  burning etc left had side roof of mouth and had operation for cataract recently and it was also aching left hand side went to doctor examined my mouth said I have shingles prescribed acroviral 5 times a day mouth is very sore inside bi ut that's only symptoms will this now go away without...

Last reply
  • Shingles on face?

Can you have shingles with no pain? A few days ago a red itchy lump appeared in the middle of an eyebrow. I thought I might have an infected follicle or something and kept bathing it with warm water and antiseptic. It went down then came back up, then another joined it, then two more itchy lumps appeared...

Last reply
  • Shingles

Too anyone on here suffering from long term shingles. I did an extensive blood panel and the reason for it , is because all along my white blood cell count is too low...if u have shingles often its usually because of an underlieing problem

Last reply
  • Eye shingles will not go away...

Hi all, about 5 weeks ago my right eye started to feel extremelly painful to the point I ended up to A&E, The diagnosis was that I had a cornea cut and I was given some eye cream, over the following couple of days thigs go much worse, again back to A&E and stil cornea cut, finally I was able...

Last reply
  • Husband has shingles on face and eye - need advice

My husband was misdiagnosied with a migraine for a week before he was finally admitted to the hospital for evaluation.  They treated him for a migraine on the right side of his face UNTIL the rash appeared.  Immediately changed treatment to shingles.  Shingles affted the nerve on the right...

Last reply
  • How I finally rid myself of shingles after 5 months:

1.       Manuka honey 1 teaspoon with 1 tablespoon of a probiotic rich yoghurt 3 times per day 2.       Turmeric and black pepper 1 teaspoon 3 times per day with warm skimmed like a cup of tea DO NOT HAVE THIS IF YOU HAVE GALLSTONES 3.      ...

Last reply
  • 34 with mild Shingles, no pain, weird?

SO happy I found this community! I've been treated like a leper by 2 doctors when I was diagnosed with Shingles. Apparently it's "unheard" of in young people (I'm 34) unless we're immune compromised, but reading other young, healthy people on here who have had Shingles is a...

Last reply
  • Shingles on stomach but pain in other areas?

Hi everyone, I'm a 28 year old male in good health and was diagnosed with shingles 5 days ago after weird pain in my right side and first glance of a tiny rash. I immediately went to the doctor and got a 10 day prescription of Valtrex. Over the past few days the rash spread a bit from my stomach...

Last reply
  • Shingles without the rash

For about two weeks I was experiencing pain on my right side, around my rib area to under my breast bone. It was an odd pain, nothing like I've had before, it felt as though someone punched me really hard. I thought it was just a muscle strain from so much coughing as I had pneumonia, but the pain...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.