Skip to content
Ad

Shingles

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Shingles in the mouth

I had a  burning etc left had side roof of mouth and had operation for cataract recently and it was also aching left hand side went to doctor examined my mouth said I have shingles prescribed acroviral 5 times a day mouth is very sore inside bi ut that's only symptoms will this now go away without...

Last reply
  • Sharing my experience - recurring shingles

I'm a 35 year old female and have had recurring shingles for about 7 years which occurs anything from 3-7 times a year and occasionally back to back. It is always a small cluster of itchy/stinging spots at the base of my spine and thankfully, the only other symptom can be overly sensitive skin down...

Last reply
  • Reccuring Shingles

I had shingles back in August 2017, and started the antiviral med within 72 hours. I was sick for about 6 weeks. The first week of October I went on vacation to a sunny destination, I did not expose my skin to the sun, had naps and everything was fine. I thought I was totally recovered. Last week I started...

Last reply
  • shingles treatment question

On Tuesday evening this week, I came down with a rash which resembled, and indeed turned out to be, shingles. Prior to the rash emerging, however, I had about a week's worth of advance symptoms, mainly very mild pain which was diagnosed by a doctor as a muscle strain due to the lack of any other...

Last reply
  • Shingles and Flu Shot

Last year I developed a case of shingles shortly after getting my flu shot.  I read on this forum where somebody felt that their shingles might have been related to getting the flu shot.  I have not gotten a flu shot this fall and don’t know if there is a connection between the two or not....

Last reply
  • Does shingles cause constipation?

Rash has healed , still pain. Rash was just to the left of my navel. From the onset of the rash 3 months ago until now, I've been constipated and majorly distended. Before shingles, I never had these problems. Has anyone else got this problem and what can be done? I don't want to get hooked on...

Last reply
  • Anyone had Shingles on their face/head?

I was diagnosed as having Shingles on Friday at the doctors. I started itching on my forehead Tues night and by the next day my forehead had all red marks on it? I didn't realise you can get shingles on your face?  I have had horrible pain on/off since, swelling on my eyebrow and jawline near...

Last reply
  • First shingles attack

I'm a 49 year old male and at the beginning of December this year I came down with shingles. The rash appeared on one side, areas effected were upper arm, shoulder and armpit and I hadn't noticed it until 4 days after the pain started. I've been controlling the pain with 1000mg paracetemol,...

Last reply
  • Shingles over and over again need advice re: causes please

Hi There,  Before I start I will say I have seen the extensive discussions about reoccuring shingles on this site - and have read them (many times).  I am a 36 year old female, otherwise healthy apart from this shingles that haunts my life. First bout was in 2014 after a traumatic experience...

Last reply
  • 34 with mild Shingles, no pain, weird?

SO happy I found this community! I've been treated like a leper by 2 doctors when I was diagnosed with Shingles. Apparently it's "unheard" of in young people (I'm 34) unless we're immune compromised, but reading other young, healthy people on here who have had Shingles is a...

Last reply
  • Permanent itching after shingles

it is over a year ago that I had shingles and the itching all around my eye and forehead has never gone away. I was told a few times at the eye clinic, that it takes time, but has anyone else suffered with this for so long??!! I use antihistamine cream and eye drops, but I think I have this awful problem...

Last reply
  • Is it shingles or trigeminal neuralgia

Hi everyone! Well my story is started at the dentist Tuesday morning after a night of what I thought was toothache! Painkillers didn't touch it dentist confirmed it wasnt teeth possiby blocked sinus so had antibiotics! Thursday morning got into see doc! I have come out in cold sores on my lips...

Last reply
  • Over 3 mths since shingles diagnosed.

It's over 3mths since I was diagnosed with shingles on right side of my face and eye. Blisters/scabs all went but I'm left with a very tender red blotchy area which even make up can't conceal. GP told me I have PHN as still getting pain...stinging, burning etc, and I know this can last month's...

Last reply
  • I'm panicking -again!!!

My spots healed on my face over a month ago - can you please confirm iam not contagious and a risk to others who may be vulnerable thankyou   

Last reply
  • Shingles?

Last Monday I was very sore along my entire rib cage. I attributed it to carrying my camera bag with loads of gear. Both sides hurt, but the right more than the left.  Tuesday my skin felt a bit sensitive to the touch and I found a “bite” that looked like a welted mosquito bite while bathing. Like...

Last reply
  • Shingles or hives or what

Hello all.. I am a 26 year female.  Last month I was diagnosed with shingles and prescribed acyclovir.. about a week and a half later my shingles were healed and only small scars left. A couple days ago I noticed red spots a little higher than where the shingles were. Right away I started taking...

Last reply
  • Pregabalin withdrawal

I have had shingles since July 20. I have been taking 50 mg of pregabalin three times a day for six weeks and was thinking I would wean off them. I wonder if anyone else has taken them and for how long and any problem stopping them. 

Last reply
  • Recurring shingles

i have had shingles 3 times in 6 months and at least once a year for the past 5 years. It is usually at the base of my spine and whilst the spots are within a circle the size of a 5p the symptoms are debilitating ! I usually spend a week in bed. I visited a family last Monday , 10 days ago, and probably...

Last reply
  • Bne Bne

Shingles on labia.... help!

I was informed that the burning, painful sore on my labia is shingles. I have scoured the internet and have not found this location to be very common. It's been 3 weeks and 1 round of anti virals. The sore has healed but there is a hard lump where the blister was and it still really hurts! I'm...

Last reply
  • Post herpetic itch

I had shingles on my face and inside my eye (trigeminal) just over 4 wks ago. I have severe itching of eyelid, eyebrow, forehead & scalp, unbearable! I've tried coconut oil mixed with olive oil, it felt like it actually increased the itching! I also am using lidocaine patches and Carbemazepine(tegretol)...

Last reply
  • I don't know if I'm contagious or not??

I am a 25 year old male. This is my 2nd time having shingles in the past 7 years, which isn't bad reading others experiences. I started noticing the rash after I accidentally scratched it at work. I went to the bathroom and immediately noticed what it was. The rash started as very little dots onthe...

Last reply
  • shingles of the scalp

I've had shingles twice before, and now I have it in my hair.  I'm having to wait for a GP appointment to confirm it and, hopefully, get some medication but I'm pretty sure from the symptoms, that it is shingles.  I'm worried because all recommendations are that medication needs...

Last reply
  • shingles with no rash

Last 5 days had large swelling around my left torse from near my back to belly.itchy.feeling fku like and massive pains.G.P said go ER,tgey did scans.said not hernia but shingles.got painkillers but still dont have a rash but still have so much pain and swelling,is that shibgles and does anything help...

Last reply
  • I just can't shake off this tiredness and now have muzzy head!!

After reading some the symptoms people have with shingles - I feel my experience has been mild but it's just knocked me for 6 . I was she signed off off work for 3 weeks - when I met with my gp to discuss taking longer due to post viral fatigue - she said I should be over it and would only sign me...

Last reply
  • 1st Outbreak not sure when to stop Acyclovir

Diagnosed one week ago with Shingles. The breakout on lower back is almost healed. Having soreness/tingling in outer hip and leg. Doc gave me refills on Acyclovir. Not sure if i should keep taking it due to the other pains or stop it and hope for no more outbreak. Doc is out of the office through the...

Last reply
  • 26 years old Shingles 3 months later still having issues

Hi everyone. I had shingles on my Trigeminal and Cranial Nerve. I lost my eyesight due to extreme photophobia for about 2 months and now it is almost back to normal (thankgoodness!) But Now, I have extreme itching on my head and above my eyebrow. I have some bald spots (on the right side only because...

Last reply
  • Is it shingles?

Help! I had shingles two yrs ago and I now have a similar painful rash accompanied by pins and needles, flu like symptoms and extreme exhaustion. I actually just got my flu shot and was already so run down I think it pushed me over the edge. My pcp was booked so I saw the np who says it’s 100% not shingles...

Last reply
  • SHINGREX, New Vaccine Approved by FDA for Shingles!

To All Shingles and potential Shingles sufferers! News > Medscape Medical FDA Approvals FDA Clears Shingles Vaccine Shingrix for Adults 50 and Older October 23, 2017 GlaxoSmithKline's recombinant zoster vaccine (adjuvanted) (Shingrix) has been approved in the United States for the prevention...

Last reply
  • CBD Ointment for Shingles

Any information on Using CBD as an ointment for the pain . I tried to ask this question by using the street name (MJ) and was not allowed to post.

Last reply
  • Ringing in brain and ears help

I was diagnosed with lyme and got the shingles once b4 on my face and it took me 7 years to get over it. I got the shingles a couple of weeks ago close to my left eye and didn't realize it therefore I did not go on Valtrex in time now I have permanent damage. Please give me some advice I am on...

Posted
  • Marijuana and shingles

I am now upon nine weeks of my shingles starting with back and stomach pains, then the blisters. I manage to live with the burning, stabbing and soreness pain. Little improvement overall except when I am busy in some way I seem to not acknowledge the pain as much. I will not take a prescription that...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.