Skip to content

Shingles

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Internal tremor feeling since shingles

Shingles started for me in July.  Still have some discomfort. More of an ache off and on. Have felt extremely tired. Having some anxiety and depression.  The biggest thing is I feel like there is electricity running through me.  Almost feels like an internal tremor.  My dr just looks...

Last reply
  • SHINGLES........ after the rash and pain are gone

I am a 75 yo female who was diagnosed with Shingles early December 2017. I took the antiviral meds, dealt with a nasty rash on right side of midsection , took pain meds, used ice packs and finally got over that after 31/2 months.  But I am just really tired and have to make myself do daily things....

Last reply
  • Weird shingles symptoms

I first got the shingles rash early February of this year, the rash went away mid March but I am experiencing pins and needles and mild burning sensation on the area where the rash was located left buttocks lower back and also on my legs, feet, upper back and arms. These sensations comes and goes. When...

Last reply
  • Exhausted post shingles

I was diagnosed with shingles 2 weeks ago. Compared to some, it was a mild case with just a small rash on my back. I caught it early and was given antibiotics which I finished last week. The rash has pretty much cleared but now I have overwhelming bouts of fatigue. Yesterday I literally couldn't...

Last reply
  • Shingles rash getting worse.

Hi. I was diagnosed with shingles 12 days ago and started on medication and topicals the same day. After 5 days, the rash disappeared and I thought I was on my way to getting rid of it. On day 6, the rash came back worse and is getting worse. I thought the rash was supposed to be gone by ten days? I...

Last reply
  • Multiple Outbreaks - 35 year old female

I’m so glad I’ve found this forum to discuss and share our issues.  I am currently going through my 6th bout in the last 10 years. It is on the back of right thigh most of the time although I have had 2 outbreaks on my left upper back. I am always going through a trauma in my life when I get it....

Last reply
  • Weird Shingles symptoms

I was dx with Shingles last week. Rash on my left buttocks. But prior to that I had severe joint pain on my hands, knees and elbows. They put me on prednisone thinking maybe it was RA. Then after the prednisone I developed the rash. They put me on valtrex, neurontin, and norco. The weird thing is i have...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with shingles 2days ago

I am in my early 40's and noticed my skin was feeling burning to touch Sunday am, then the pain was strangely had by the evening. By Monday morning, I made a Dr.'s appt. Tuesday and was diagnosed without the little mosquito bites looking clusters yet appearing. However by Wednesday morning they...

Last reply
  • Shingles

I have shingles for almost 2 weeks and it's healing well but I have numbness on my stomach and side where shingles is, is the numbness natural when it's healing?

Last reply
  • Shingles pure exhaustion

Last week I had lower back pain and thought maybe I had somehow bruised the area than I felt a small bump a few days later which was painful by the next day the pan was unbearable ask hubby to take a peek and he said it looked like a heat rash.  Well by day four I could barely move.  Went to...

Last reply
  • Blurry vision due to shingles

Hi John Is your blurry vision gone? I just got herpes zoster couple of weeks back on my forehead n eyes. Im having blurry vision.. opthalmologist had said that my vision would come back but it would take time..I'm worried..pls answer.

Last reply
  • Can you get shingles inside nostril?

Hi! On the 5th of October I woke up with really bad shoulder and upper back pain and a very sore nose.  It felt like I had cold sores inside my nose, either side of my septum with the right side much worse and still blistered.  I had a slight sore throat and tonsils were only slightly inflamed. ...

Last reply
  • Shingles - fucidin h cream giving me shortness of breath

I've had shingles for about 5 weeks on one side of my back and chest. Unfortunately I did not get diagnosed until the second week, so I missed the opportunity to get the antivirals, however the doctor gave me fucidin h cream, a combination of steroid and antibiotic.  Now after 4 weeks of applying...

Last reply
  • Rash not fully gone after course

Hello im 15 and have a mild case of shingles on my side. I was told to take 5 Aciclovir 800mg tablets a day for a week however most days i only managed to take 3/4 tablets. Its been over the course now and the rash has almost gone but is still there mildy. Should i continue taking these tablets until...

Last reply
  • Itching in different spots after shingles rash healed

Hello everyone, I am 29 and I have been diagnozed with zoster virus 4 weeks ago. I had a small rash on my lower back on the right side. It was itching and burning from time to time but the pain was not unbearable. I saw a dematologist few days later, and I was put on antivirus medication Acyclovir 800mg...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed questions

Hello All, I was diagnosed for the first time, age 47, in early January 2018. Oh Joy! Knock on wood, I've had/still have(?) a very mild episode, at least I think that's what I would consider it. I first noticed what seemed like an insect bite on my lower left back kidney area, and truly thought...

Last reply
  • Oral Shingles--Four Week and Counting Nightmare

Wanted to share my experience to see if anyone else has had something similar and hopefully if I document my horrible ordeal this might help someone else.  I'm 51 year old female, no health issues or stressful events recently: -Day 1: Started with 2-3 days of tingling burning sensation in my...

Last reply
  • nerve pain from shingles

I'm 28 years old and have been diagnosed with post hepatic neuralgia after having tested positive for shingles 5 or 6 years ago  . I always hurt on my left , upper abdominal area right below my ribs . The pain is a   , severe , stabbing , type pain , but the rash that i get is usually...

Last reply
  • Eye shingles

I developed shingles on the left side of my forehead up into the hairline went to a doctor within 24 hours of the Breakout. This happened while we were on vacation. The original Dr give me an antiviral prescription and a prednisone pill because she was afraid it was going to affect my eye. This happened...

Last reply
  • Shingles and HIV

I remember hearing on TV that if you have shingles you may also have HIV or maybe herb that I may had heard. But does it take 8 years to find out you have shingles and second stage of HIV? I had no sex in 8 years and I have 2 adults children. If someone can explain this to me because I'm confuse...

Last reply
  • 34 with mild Shingles, no pain, weird?

SO happy I found this community! I've been treated like a leper by 2 doctors when I was diagnosed with Shingles. Apparently it's "unheard" of in young people (I'm 34) unless we're immune compromised, but reading other young, healthy people on here who have had Shingles is a...

Last reply
  • Shingles

Beautician gave me white creamy stuff that smelled like perm neutralized and said to use it on shingles. Pain relief and cleared in a week.

Last reply
  • Shingles pain and itching HELP pls

my shingles blisters and rashes have fallen off and skin that was left raw and open is healing BUT the pain and itching has worsened and intensified. The prickling pain and twitching feeling is so intense and irritating I've given into itching. Does anyone know of anything I can do....the other day...

Last reply
  • Relief right in my garden!

I was experiencing another shingles outbreak (the last one was about 8 years ago) on my right waist to back area. Knowing from experience that the calamine lotion, oatmeal baths did not help me at all, I decided to attack the burning, itching and pain with raw aloes from my back yard. I peeled and rubbed...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D supplements

Hi. iv Been put on vitamin D tablets by my GP. iv been taking them for about 2 weeks and got another 6 to do before I’m tested again. The thing is I’m getting lower tummy pains and trapped wind. But I’m not constipated but I don’t go has much has I use to. could it be the vitamin D tablets causing it....

Last reply
  • Permanent itching after shingles

it is over a year ago that I had shingles and the itching all around my eye and forehead has never gone away. I was told a few times at the eye clinic, that it takes time, but has anyone else suffered with this for so long??!! I use antihistamine cream and eye drops, but I think I have this awful problem...

Last reply
  • Shingtex

Has anyone on this forum had the shingrex vaccine and any side effects?  I am 76 years old and had shingles last summer and do not ever want to suffer with them again. Thinking seriously of getting it but looking for comments.  Thank you 

Last reply
  • Recurring episodes, are they worst each time?

Bless your hearts for your experiences with shingles, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I had a "typical" bout 11 years ago (painful banded rash on my waist, intermittent pain). Two weeks ago, I started getting a deep, excruciating burning pain in my right shoulder blade, the next day it...

Last reply
  • This is awful. Good and Bad Days. Am I the Only One?

I was diagnosed with shingles about 2 weeks ago.  I have it on my scalp, forehead, and eye.  My cornea is clear.  The pain prior to having been diagnosed was horrendous and I thought it was due to an infected tooth (which broke off about an hour ago).  The pain since being diagnosed...

Last reply
  • Georganna

I developed shingles the end of September 2016...that was one and a half years ago and I still have a burning, itching, almost painful type feeling constantly from nerve damage.  It is on my left back shoulder. I am so thankful that it is not my face or eyes. When I first got shingles I was put...

Last reply
  • Just a thank you...

I seem to be learning more about this terrible shingles thing each time I come to this site.  My heart goes out to everyone who is plagued by it!  Some of your cases are so much worse than my experience with shingles...and I feel so bad for you...because none of this is fun and more than anything...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.