Skip to content

Shingles

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Shingles and eye burning

I recently got shingles on my forehead - which appeared as bumps (not blisters). I really thought it was a spider bite! It broke out on Tuesday, and broke open on Friday. I decided to wait it out over the weekend, but on that Sunday night I was in so much pain I could not sleep all night - headache that...

Last reply
  • Unusual lump in shingles area of torso

I have had shingles for 2 months- better, but life altering.  About a month ago, I developed a fairly large lump a little higher than waist level- my palm fits the size.  It is hard to say if it is painful or not, but bothersome, along with back pain. I am an active 70 year old and it has taken...

Last reply
  • Shingles

I have had really bad pain around my left side of face into my teeth all left side the doctor thinks it’s shingles but I don’t have a rash. She has given me Aciclovir but I am worried to take them just incase it’s not shingles, what should I do.

Last reply
  • Shingrix side effects (second shot)

Second shot yesterday. My first vaccine I had left arm pain for a day, not this time. Chills, nausea,dizzy, aching, felt like I was burning up but, no fever. Any meds I can take for this? 

Last reply
  • New rash help im scared!

Im 43 and have a shingles rash on the back of my neck left side...i went to the dr about a week after the rash started..he said medicatiin may not work but gave it to me anyways...after 3 days i had to stop because of upset stomach...after 3 weeks the rash seemed to be clearing up...but then a new rash...

Last reply
  • Shingles on a 33 year old

I hope someone is able to help me out. I'm a 33 year old who workouts out five days of the week, runs 2 every four days, and the last two runs three miles and then walks another three miles for the hell of it. Though, I suffer from Chronic Health Anxiety and Depression with OCD which I'm...

Last reply
  • Internal tremor feeling since shingles

Shingles started for me in July.  Still have some discomfort. More of an ache off and on. Have felt extremely tired. Having some anxiety and depression.  The biggest thing is I feel like there is electricity running through me.  Almost feels like an internal tremor.  My dr just looks...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed... but does it sound right?

Went to doc today with what I thought may be a blood clot.  Pain in leg (entire leg) for two days and today a hot red spot on my leg.  Doc says it's Shingles. She (and the web sites I've referred to since coming home) kept talking about the localized pain and burning of the rash itself....

Last reply
  • Shingles. Returning

Hi had shingles on my scalp 2 yrs ago .. been ok since .. last few days I’m getting the excruciating headaches n eye pain again . I’m kinda stressed about a motorcycle ride we’re going on .. any help please 

Last reply
  • 34 with mild Shingles, no pain, weird?

SO happy I found this community! I've been treated like a leper by 2 doctors when I was diagnosed with Shingles. Apparently it's "unheard" of in young people (I'm 34) unless we're immune compromised, but reading other young, healthy people on here who have had Shingles is a...

Last reply
  • Reoccurring shingles

I have been getting reoccurring shingles for 11 years now. Just recently almost everytime I get a shingles outbreak it almost always has a following of viral meningitis. I am on Valcyclovir for my outbreaks. I have also been tested for autoimmune diseases. Which have come back negative for anything....

Last reply
  • Third time I've had shingles...and I'm 21.

I am 21 years old and this is my third time having shingles. I have it on my left thigh. At first the doctors were skeptical because I was 20 when they first diagnosed me with shingles, and I was just as surprised as they were to find out. But they reassured me saying after medications I shouldn't...

Last reply
  • Shingles on my big toe

Has anyone ever had shingles on their feet or toes? I started with shingles in May under my left breast, it was very mild although the symptoms was a bit tough. I had tingling, headache, and extremely tired. After it cleared up I thought I was free from it until I noticed what I thought was a bite on...

Last reply
  • Second bout?

Hi Forumers, Three weeks ago I had my first bout of shingles located on the right hand side of my forehead. It cleared up over five days and I have just been left with some red skin where the blisters were.  Yesterday I ended up generating a bad headache and today the headache is gone, but I have...

Last reply
  • New shingles vaccine "Shingrix" IS working!!

Hello friends. Please let me first say THANK YOU again for every ounce of support I have received from this forum, from ALL of you. I was truly blessed to find you. God bless you all. Wanted to share with everyone my recent development. On April 2nd 2018, i took the newly approved shingles vaccine...

Last reply
  • Zantac

Has anyone tried taking zantac 150 mg twice a day. My dr. Prescribed to me and seems to have helped.

Last reply
  • Shingles and odd symptoms

Hello all, I am 35 and developed shingles about two weeks ago on the side of my neck, I had been itching for a few days before developing red raised blotches, I went to the GP believing it was just an exzema or allergic reaction but he diagnosed shingles to my suprise and gave anti virals 800mg fast...

Last reply
  • Lyrica/ pregabalin withdrawals

Hi I m asking if Merry the nurse practitioner could answer this for me. I have been taking 50 ml pregabalin once a day at bedtime.  I have weaned off the three times a day down to one at bedtime, I started taking one every other day for the past week and wondering how long before I decrease again...

Last reply
  • Exhausted post shingles

I was diagnosed with shingles 2 weeks ago. Compared to some, it was a mild case with just a small rash on my back. I caught it early and was given antibiotics which I finished last week. The rash has pretty much cleared but now I have overwhelming bouts of fatigue. Yesterday I literally couldn't...

Last reply
  • Shingles spots and pain

Am now 6 weeks going on 7 weeks now into shingles still have some spots and some pain no I didn't have antiviral tables am wondering how much longer am I going to have the spots and pain anyone else had the spots for as long as this

Last reply
  • Disseminating Shingles? Really?

Male, 61, healthy, bilateral knee replacements in last year, rehab going well, four months after my second TKA, awoke one morning with severe eye pain. Eye was photosensitive, and lid was slightly swollen. Eye was so sensitive upon movement I went to the walk-in clinic within an hour.  Doctor instantly...

Last reply
  • Shingrix shot #2 - 30 days later

I wanted to give everyone an update 30 days after my second shot. I am definitely better. I wouldn’t say I am shingles free but the pain on my right side has definitely gotten better. The second shot didn’t put me out like the first one did. The first shot gave me shingles for another week to ten days...

Last reply
  • Shingles appear to be leaving scars

May 1st I called an ambulance as the pain in my arm was unbearable.  Started in my neck like a severe pulled muscle.  Went to urgent care 2 days prior to calling ambulance and they gave me a steroid shot.  Had a small rash at that time but it continued to spread with blisters. Had even...

Last reply
  • Feels Like Itching Inside Body

Hi, This post is on behalf of my sister, she developed shingles in march and is still suffering from it. She said the only way she can describe the feeling she has is like ants running around inside her body, it is like an internal itch. Anyone one else have strange feelings from shingles and will...

Last reply
  • Shingles are back

Hey friends. I was up for 2 days, feeling positive this last outbreak, since having first Shingrix vaccine was easier than ones before...and it was. But I guess it (it being shingles) decided I didn't get beat up enough first go around, so it's taking another swing. I don't know...maybe...

Last reply
  • Shingles - side effects

I have read a lot of great informatinon on this forum, thank you! I was diagnosed with shingles on 7/21. I am 46 years old, and relatively healthy, as I am active and usually only get a cold and flu every year. Almost two weeks ago I started having some very strange symptoms, elevated blood pressure,...

Last reply
  • shingle rash under breast

Hi, I was diagnosed with shingles 3 weeks ago and started anti viral medication late (5 days after rash). This is my first time having shingles. Besides the exhaustion and nerve pain, the location of the rash is under my breast making it so painful to wear a bra which is making me house bound. I want...

Last reply
  • Can shingles reappear in different part of body?

Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with shingles above my right eye. Luckily it was treated quickly with antiviral, prednisone and gabapentine. It did not spread or cause me much discomfort and seems to be healing. But today I found an itchy rash in a single line on my lower back, where I can't see it....

Last reply
  • Shringle scar

Hi ,I got shringle around 7 week ago,it’s only on my left forehead..start with bump & later with blister..,GP gave me antibiotics & antiviral and it’s gone in 7-8 days ..but I have a red scar in my left side of cornea..I asked to doctor he said it’s not infection because it’s not irritating,pain...

Last reply
  • Joint pain after shingles’s

I am 3 weeks post shingles however I now suffer from joint pain in my wrists, elbows and knees. Shingles were on my hand. I also have  knot about 4 inches from the shingles site. Is this common. I ache so bad that I have trouble walking. 

Last reply
  • Lysine interactions ?

Does Lysine react with blood pressure meds. Also Allorpurinol, Clopidogrel, Fexofenadine.  Any others anyone can think of ? Thanks in advance. Colin, England

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.