Skip to content

Shingles

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Swelling with shingles

hi , I’m 59 and for a few days I had a pain in my thigh and leg , thought it was sciatica, on and off. Then last Wednesday discovered a rash on inner thigh spreading, felt quite ill. Saw GP the same day and she said shingles and put me on anti vitals. For a couple of days it seemed to not have …

Last reply
  • Zantac

Has anyone tried taking zantac 150 mg twice a day. My dr. Prescribed to me and seems to have helped.

Last reply
  • Itching in different spots after shingles rash healed

Hello everyone, I am 29 and I have been diagnozed with zoster virus 4 weeks ago. I had a small rash on my lower back on the right side. It was itching and burning from time to time but the pain was not unbearable. I saw a dematologist few days later, and I was put on antivirus medication Acyclovir …

Last reply
  • Please help, high anxiety over lingering shingles discoloration!

My case of shingles may seem minor compared to many here, but it is causing me a high degree of anxiety.  Four blisters appeared under my eye back on August 4th.  I was initially misdiagnosed as having cellulitis.  I went through the normal process of the four blisters scabbing over …

Last reply
  • New Shingles Vaccine "Shingrix"

I've had my first round of "Shingrix", the new shingles 2-dose vaccine. This vaccine was just approved in January 2018 and has a 97% success rate, docs say. Anyone else had the vaccine?

Last reply
  • Chemo with delayed shingles treatment,bad bad.

I was released from hospital after five days of chemo for lymphoma.   White count way down brought on shingles. Shingles showed up same day as released. Went 3 days before put back in hospital for a raging case of shingles. From spineat waist around left side down intestines on left side to …

Last reply
  • Shingles will not go away!

I’ve read several folks problems with recurring shingles, and I wanted to add I’m another with the same issue. It started about 3 years ago. I got too hot at work and they really beat me down. It’s been a continuous battle ever since. I work away from home for a month at a time in extreme heat and …

Last reply
  • Shingles over and over again need advice re: causes please

Hi There,  Before I start I will say I have seen the extensive discussions about reoccuring shingles on this site - and have read them (many times).  I am a 36 year old female, otherwise healthy apart from this shingles that haunts my life. First bout was in 2014 after a traumatic …

Last reply
  • Excruciating pain with shingles

Felt extremely ill with dizziness headache and excruciating pain in the lower left back and groin could hardly stand up. It was the day of my husbands sisters funeral and he had to stay back as I was that bad. Five days later and the shingles appeared and doctor put me on antivirals and pain relief. …

Last reply
  • Shingles without rash?

I am recovering from 2 bouts of Shingles (about 3 months apart).  It has been about 2 months since the last outbreak.  Before I had the first bout, I had strange pain under my chest which I just put down to muscle strain until the rash appeared and then I was diagnosed.  The rash …

Last reply
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia

I had Shingles in late May, took Valtrex for 3 weeks. The rash/blister went away in early June but the pain is still with me to date.  Doctor suggested to take Nortriptyline for 2,3 weeks with the hope that the pain will be much less or goes away completely. I will try that but does anyone …

Last reply
  • Extreme weakness and Malaise.

Hello everyone this Wednesday will make it 4 weeks with Shingles. I am writing today because I have been feeling extremely weak. Flu like weak and just generally feeling ill. There has been moments I feel so weak I thought about going to the hospital but I touched it out. I just want to know if …

Last reply
  • 21 and third time getting shingles

The first time I got shingles I was about 18 and since then I got it once more and now again in my third trimester of pregnancy. I've talked to both my obgyn and regular Dr and they don't seem too concerned about it but it makes me very sick on top of my already having morning sickness and …

Last reply
  • vaccine

3 weeks ago I had my first outbreak of shingles.  How soon can someone get the Shingrix shot after a outbreak?  

Last reply
  • Shingles not improving

I was diagnosed with shingles 3 .5 weeks ago.  I am 34 years old. Had the rash for about 3.5 weeks. Was put on anti viral medicines. My rash blistered about a week after it appeared but has not really improved since then. That is about 2 weeks of the rash looking the same. Is all over the …

Last reply
  • Help please with shingles

I have had shingles on One side of mt tummy & under breast for about 4 weeks. Had anti viral meds for 5 days. Radh is very angry at times & seems no better. This morning I have rash spreading & looks like new blisters. Am I infectious again ? A bit confused about it . Any help much …

Last reply
  • New shingles vaccine "Shingrix" IS working!!

Hello friends. Please let me first say THANK YOU again for every ounce of support I have received from this forum, from ALL of you. I was truly blessed to find you. God bless you all. Wanted to share with everyone my recent development. On April 2nd 2018, i took the newly approved shingles …

Last reply
  • can shingles be brought on by hot sunlight ??

Been abroad 2 weeks blisters appeard on my chest in the first week and then more a few days after. the lst lot have crusted and look like shingles. Ive had it before but not as bad . I also suffer with coldsores all year round . But im not unwell they are just tingly and itching .can shingles be …

Last reply
  • Shingles on scar?

Hi, I've had shingles for 2 weeks from my waist down to my hip. The past two days I've suddenly got pain over the scar I have from an ectopic pregnancy. It feels as if I have just had surgery. Is this 'normal' on old scar tissue and will it clear?

Last reply
  • Numbness, no rash

I noticed last Thursday that I had a numb patch below my right breast. By Sunday, almost my whole right torso was numb. Went to the Dr. Monday, and he diagnosed Shingles. I haven’t had much pain, just discomfort and horrid body aches. I feel like I have the flu - chills, sweats, deep sore throat …

Last reply
  • Bne Bne

Shingles on labia.... help!

I was informed that the burning, painful sore on my labia is shingles. I have scoured the internet and have not found this location to be very common. It's been 3 weeks and 1 round of anti virals. The sore has healed but there is a hard lump where the blister was and it still really hurts! I' …

Last reply
  • Shingles and work

I was diagnosed with Shingles Tue. but actually had the rash at least on Fri. (how the ER AND Urgent Care didn't realize it was Shingles I don't know!) and I am on the anti-viral, gabapantin 2700mg and ibprofin 800mg.  I teach 5th graders and I have now missed a full week of school, I …

Last reply
  • Shingles & nausea?

I have recently been diagnosed with a mild case of shingles.  The dr did not give me an anti-viral due to the outbreak being more than 72 hours old.  I did have a steroid pack.   The spots have dried up & are fading away.  However, I have severe nausea & headache, & …

Last reply
  • Pain so bad I can barely stay on my feet.

This is my first time ever having shingles. I have on my left side from my belly button running up under my ribs and a little higher than my kidney running up my back. I have had pain so bad the last three days I can barely stay on my feet before I have to quickly lay down to alleviate some of …

Last reply
  • Sharing my experience - recurring shingles

I'm a 35 year old female and have had recurring shingles for about 7 years which occurs anything from 3-7 times a year and occasionally back to back. It is always a small cluster of itchy/stinging spots at the base of my spine and thankfully, the only other symptom can be overly sensitive skin …

Last reply
  • Unusual lump in shingles area of torso

I have had shingles for 2 months- better, but life altering.  About a month ago, I developed a fairly large lump a little higher than waist level- my palm fits the size.  It is hard to say if it is painful or not, but bothersome, along with back pain. I am an active 70 year old and it has …

Last reply
  • Anyone had Shingles on their face/head?

I was diagnosed as having Shingles on Friday at the doctors. I started itching on my forehead Tues night and by the next day my forehead had all red marks on it? I didn't realise you can get shingles on your face?  I have had horrible pain on/off since, swelling on my eyebrow and jawline …

Last reply
  • worried please help

i have had bad anxiety for a few weeks well y'day felt like i'd pulled shoulder but today woke up with a burning sensation on my shoulder blade ent to docs who said it could be a pinched nerve or start of shingles and told to keep an eye on it i'm 53 and really petrified it is shingles …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.