Shingles vaccine Shingrix rash

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone has suffered from a rash from the vaccine. I had my first shot sept.2018 my second January 2019. With the first dose I got pneumonia. That I fought for over a month. Second dose I got a rash on and around the injection site. That rash spread to my chest, back, arms, buttocks, lower legs. I went to my doctor she said no way it was related to the vaccine. She gave me a cream and meds for fungal infection. Didnt work. Then she gave me meds for Scabies. no didnt work. Sent me to a dermatologist which did the same thing my pcp did. At this time we are 4 months out rash is just getting worse. I was told to showwler with dove soap do not wash anything but private parts, folds and just let the water run down me. when getting out of the shower pat dry and moisturize and at a steroid cream. I did this with in a week I would got worse. So the derm said I just had to keep up it would change and she didnt need to see me again. So went back to my pcp. at this point we are a year out from last dose. Then Covid hit. A month and a year after my last vaccine I find out I have a brain tumor. I had gone back to my doctor because I was having memory issues, muscle spasms,cognitive issues, dizziness, numbness in my neck going down my spine and the list goes on. I was tested for MS and lupus. All was negitive, but thats where they found the tumor. The neurologist informed me I had ,had the tumor since 2013 so what brought on all these problems? They told me(3 different Nuerosurgeons) told me that the tumor was not causing any ill effects.

While going thru all this I am still living with this rash. Waking to blood all over me from itching. Bleeding thru my clothes. I was out on medical leave due to my tumor and testing. i had insurance at this time. My pcp decided to send me to a allergist. I went to him and he gave me a steroid cream to use from head to toe. I did as he asked and got worse. The rash was so so bad. I went to a different dermatologist and she did a biopsy on the scabs on my skin. Came back extreme eczema. She should have done a deep boar puncher. Live and learn. So I was put on dupixent. a inject you take every 2 weeks at the price of $3600.00. While dealing with this I lost my job because none of the Doctors could come up with a reason why I was having all my problems. This was in February of 2021. Now I had no insurance to help with doctors appointments or meds. So Im had to go off Dupixent because I couldnt afford it. I ended up paying out of pocket to see my Dermatologist, because the rash was so extreme I could barely function. My dermatologist gave me some dupixent for free and set me up with a program that pays for my injections. Dupixent has not cleared up this rash 100% but it has helped. I still have lesions on my legs, feet(so bad that sometimes I cant walk on them) now my palms and top side of my hands. My back,arms and truck are doing pretty good. But where the lesions are burn,itch and drive me crazy. Wearing pants is very difficult as the clothing rubs against the lesions.

I just want to know if anyone has dealt with anything I have. It has now been 3 years and I am still suffering. And I can never go off the dupixent because the rashes come back worse.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello:

I am sorry to hear of all your problems since the vaccine, I too am suffering with the worst bout of shingles ever that I cannot get to clear up, I am taking anti virals to keep the blisters and symptoms at bay after just 1 dose of shingrix. I got shingles 2 weeks after the vaccine which also flared up all the other health conditions i suffer with. Your situation is very concerning to me as I have not been well at all since the vaccine, I refuse to take the 2nd dose.I am wondering why you were not told or aware of the brain tumor you have previously if your doctors say you've had it since 2013? Do you think the tumor is at all related to getting the vaccine? Or do you think the vaccine flared the tumor? I am still suffering with shingles after the vaccine. How are you doing now? Well wishes to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.