27 bereaved female, could it be fibro?? Please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there and sorry for the long moaning spiel but im in desperate need of advice from fibro sufferers. I feel like im never going to get an answer.

Quick background on my medical history. Despite suffering on and off with full body eczema most of my life and developing psioriasis (sp??) on my hands im an other wise young and healthy female. However in 2013 i came down with a rotten chest infection for 8 weeks that developed into pneumonia and every winter since i have been down for a minimum of 2 months with the same, but with added secondary infections such as sinusitis. The last 6 years for me have been incredibly stressful so I initially put my weak immune system down to this. In 2017 i had spells of weakness and extreme fatigue with simultaneous insomnia or day time sleeping. Forgetful and running on not even half power. i started to become depressed and deeply anxious. In the winter, about a month after recovering from pneumonia again I picked up some weird sort of virus. I had no respiratory symptoms at all but i was incredibly fevered, my glands swollen and my joints ached terribly and were hot to the touch. I was close to bed ridden completely. My fever broke and the symptoms subsided in a week or so. Though I never seemed to be right after that.

Since then ive collected physical ailments like pokemon cards. I suffer with mild water retention, bloating, nausea, constipation with very occasional bouts of dark stools. (also occasionally very very pale stools). I have pain in many joints including my thumbs, elbows, shoulder and neck, lower back and hips, knees and occasionally the ankles and these pains tend to progress as the day goes on. I frequently suffer pins and needles in my limbs and wide spread general stiffness. Ive been suffering frequent headaches and sort of short stabbing prick sensations in my face. I also get strong stabbing pains right in the deep centre of my chest that are quite concerning and a more nerve like pinch in my boobs. Ive become far more sensitive to light and sound though my hearing isnt what it used to be. I often feel pain between my jaw and my ear that doesnt appear to be dental. I seem to be allergic or sensitive to a lot of things i never used to be and recently seem to suffer itchiness or eyelid swelling when eating or in contact with certain things. My inner temp is all over the place, im either bloody freezing or so hot im breaking a sweat, often no rhyme or reason. I am not at all over weight but find myself wiped out by menial tasks such as hoovering or doing the laundry. Example: i walked a 10 minute route home i normally breeze last night and by the time i got home my shins and leg muscles were burning terribly. I am heavily fatigued most of the time, i verbally jumble my words an awful lot and say things backwards or completely mind blank on them and feel some days like my brain is slowly dissolving. i just cant concentrate or absorb info when im like that. sometimes i dont sleep at all but when i do it is completely non restorative and occasionally i sleep up to 16 hours or in short 2 hour bursts. ive suffered double vision and jumping vision in the past with the general sleep dep. And i often wake up feeling nausea and dizzy.

The alarming thing is this all seems to come in spells.. i will have a few days to a few weeks where i will feel mostly well and alert and having energy is so refreshing to me i cant stop buzzing around and making the most of it, then almost over night it all disappears and i can barely get up the stairs my limbs feel so achey and heavy and then all these other symptoms ive mentioned follow.

I lost my partner to suicide a year ago, and I accept that mental state can have a lot to do with how we feel... but i am doing my best to cope with that. No alcohol, eating mostly well, counselling etc. id like to go back to work part time and take control of my health but i feel held back by whatever is wrong with me because it isnt all in my head!!! i used to be a very able woman.

i was just wondering if anyone thought this could be fibro? ive heard illness and trauma can trigger this sort of thing...

please help and thanks for reading

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hiya nat, really feeling for you..these syptoms sound just like fibro, its usually bought on by a trauma either physical or menta ive had it for over 30 years now, I would have had it a few years before thst! utt was a d is sooo hard to diagnose, you need to see a Rhumotologist they are the doctirs who duagnose it, i have 3 0ther autoimmune issue to, especially CHRONIC FATIQUE SYNDROME..you need to see a RHUMO as soon as you can, that way they will be abke to start you on some mediucation etc that will help, and its sooo right we all nealy have been told its all in our head at first...gentle hugs nat, much love from over the seadim SEAS-IM in Australia..its always up and down with the weather too..butth there is light st the end of the tunnel so be encouraged...I ONly grt flare uos now and then...be blessed nat.......sorry about these splellos it wont let me delete my mistakes..mm do hope you can understand this mess... be bk nat.

• Posted

Hiya nat, really feeling for you..these syptoms sound just like fibro, its usually bought on by a trauma either physical or menta ive had it for over 30 years now, I would have had it a few years before thst! utt was a d is sooo hard to diagnose, you need to see a Rhumotologist they are the doctirs who duagnose it, i have 3 0ther autoimmune issue to, especially CHRONIC FATIQUE SYNDROME..you need to see a RHUMO as soon as you can, that way they will be abke to start you on some mediucation etc that will help, and its sooo right we all nealy have been told its all in our head at first...gentle hugs nat, much love from over the seadim SEAS-IM in Australia..its always up and down with the weather too..butth there is light st the end of the tunnel so be encouraged...I ONly grt flare uos now and then...be blessed nat.......sorry about these splellos it wont let me delete my mistakes..mm do hope you can understand this mess... be bk nat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.