27 years old .. devastated

Posted , 9 users are following.

hello this is my first post. I have suffered from itching since I was about 5 years old from what I can remember and now in adulthood have always put it down to thrush, sanitary towels are a no no, itchyness usually sets off during the evening/night. I have not ever gone to the doctors about the issue. But I will be making an appointment Monday..

So I am 6 weeks post partum. I ended up having an assisted delivery with the use of forceps, so I have been religiously cleaning and drying my stitches. Upon looking into the mirror I have been wondering why does my skin down below appear white and quite thin?? I have also discovered my clitoris is almost completely fused..I am so upset. Prior to giving birth I have enjoyed a healthy sex life, I devastated that it could be no more in the next months or years..I am only 27 and would very much like to enjoy sex and have the intimacy I share with my partner up until my last days which is a very long time away!! Looking at my lady parts which were once attractive..aren't so much now..I do not feel like a woman. Labia is completely flat, but it is my clitoris which has me feeling scared and upset. I have put the changing shape due to childbirth, as whilst in labour with our second 19 months ago I tore my clitoris during the pushing stage which was sewn and repaired in theatre after giving birth. Obviously now I know that isn't the case.

Will my doctor prescribe me with some steroid cream?? Or will she refer me to a gynecologist to determine what treatment I should receive?? I really do need something to stop the itchiness! It is 03:52am and whilst writing this post I am fighting the urge to scratch. A few days ago I woke up to me scratching the area above my clitoris which has now got a cut and is very sore. I am worried about my chances of having vulva cancer as I have had which appears to be LS for such a long time now undiagnosed. Once again I am only 27! I feel like i'm falling apart at such a young age....

Will the NHS perform surgery to restore my clitoris or will this need to be done privately?? Please any information would be helpful as I do not think my bean has much time

Please any replies will be appreciated even more so from anyone in the UK!

Sade 😦

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I posted up a link,

there is an up coming opportunity for a tv program in the UK. They are looking for women under 30 who have LS. I have the directors email address if any ladies wanted to contact her.

It is for the tv program "The Sex Clinic" it is shown on E4.

There will be the opportunity to try different or new medication (maybe even surgery i am not entirely sure)

• Posted

I myself have emailed the lady. I thought it would be a good opportunity to spread awareness. Filming starts in July

• Posted

Sade - good for you! I really think we need a programme on LS. please let us know when it is due to be aired if you can.

• Posted

sarb, I'd be happy to properly manage it if I knew what that meant! I was following instructions and doing well...till I found out I wasn't doing well at all. Am using yin oil....a mixture of unpronounceable stuff. Have never tried emuaid as it sounded strong and I had a bad reaction to restore oil. Oddly, I barely feel the LS yet react to the meds to halt it.

I finally have an appointment with a functional medicine doc at the end of the month. I want to delve into the anti-body/diet stuff. Hopefully insurance will cover it, but it's a wish & a prayer at this point. I just feel as though I need to be pushing forward as regular medicine offers nothing and I don't want to passively just let things go (so to speak)

I am too undisciplined to go totally gluten free. If that's what he recommends, maybe I can follow a specific diet. Maybe the tests need to be done first? Don't know. Will post what I encounter at that visit.

Am still reading the AI fix. have you read it or anything to do with diet re AI disease?

• Posted

Moderator, could you please give some explanation of why comments get "moderated" or pulled completely? There seems to be no consistency with this practice. Maybe you can provide a list of unacceptable words. I did not include a link in my post although I have seen them get through in the past.

Thank you.

• Posted

Beverly, have just had my reply to you held up by moderator - have no idea why either.

• Posted

sarb, It's been my experience that there is no consistency other than holding back certain people's posts more than others. Seem to recall there being issues with people trying to sell things. I'm not selling anything and doubt you are.. Also issues with book titles even if you are referring to the very same books you've read about on this site. Why would it be unacceptable to mention a book related to the disease we are discussing anyway? There are issues with links to sites on the topics we are discussing yet you can copy and paste the info from those sites without being blocked. I have had posts blocked because I have named medications. How can that not be allowed when we are discussing how to deal with a disease? Yet I have seen many meds mentioned in other posts. Using quotes seems to invite problems, but shouldn't we be clear that we are quoting info rather than posting as though we have written medical articles? I've had posts blocked for using italics. No consistency.

If you read thru the very long terms of use I see no rules that I have broken in any posts that were withheld.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.