28 Days is a Good Movie

Posted , 7 users are following.

To watch if you are an alcoholic who is recovering.

The movie stars "Sandra Bullock" - spelling?  And it provides so many reminders of the down sides of drinking alcohol and it is super funny.

Are there any other movies?  Not documentries that you have seen that deal with alcoholism?  I love to watch things that remind me of WHY I do not want to drink.

Another movie I watched had Lindsay Lohan in it...Georgia Rules...the mother on that show played such a good drunk role....she really showed the desperation....a funny scene (not so funny) was she was trying to leave the house in her bathrobe with bra and underwear only to go get a bottle...and she and HER mother were wrestling over the keys in the front yard...

When she came out of the house...stumbling on the stairs in her bathrobe...I KNEW she was planning on driving to the liquor store. 

I ALWAYS went in my pajama's....not in bathrobe in bra...but it was a MOVIE.  And that scene was a great reminder for me.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Misssy2 for the suggestions. I will probably watch one tonight
    • Posted

If you do watch 28 days! The whole theme in that is alcohol!
    • Posted

And...thank you...I wrote it down!
    • Posted

My favorite is When a Man Loves a Woman with Meg Ryan. Love it! 28 days is my next favorite biggrin)

• Posted

When a Man Loves a Woman involved drinking?  I watched that YEARS ago....maybe because I WAS drinking I thought it was normal.....LOL...

I will have to watch this again.

• Posted

I can't find this "on demand"...sad  

On demand is the television system we can use to request ANY movie we want to watch...and it keeps telling me not found!  I tried to watch this right after you told me about it.

• Posted

Involved A LOT of drinking!  Definite eye opener.  When I was 11 sober I would watch it every year on my anniversary date.  
    • Posted

I really never realized you were sober 11 years...NOTICE...I didn't say you HAD 11 years...because no one can ever say you HAD....you WERE...and no one can take that away from you.

There is no guarantee...20 years..8 years...11 years..that we will always be sober....never ever...it is a work in progress all the time.

• Posted

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm watching 28 days now and drinking. Bad today today but film making me laugh!

• Posted

LOL vic....i'm sorry your having a bad day AND drinking.

Laughter is good for the soul and maybe something in the movie will help you want to quit. smile

• Posted

Just watched "Smashed" on Netflix and I really liked it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.