28 years old with chest pain in left side and left arm

Posted , 3 users are following.

for the last two days I’ve been having chest tightness and pain in my neck and my left arm and left side of my chest. Seems to be worse if I’m lying in bed or resting. Got a ecg which was normal but I’m pretty high up there when it goes for risks of heart disease. I’ve smoked for ten years but stopped recently I have high cholesterol. I’m over weight, I have high blood pressure and thanks to depression I’ve been more or less bed ridden for the last 4 years. My father just died January 4th of a massive heart attack and I’ve had anxiety since then but it wasn’t untill 2 days o

ago my chest and arm started hurting kinda like a dull ache or pressure and then like pain going down the back side of my left arm pretty much everything is isolated on the left side. At this point I’m going on it’s either anxietywhich I’m also taking xanex for but doesn’t seem to be helping so at this point I’m thinking it’s either that or unstable angina do to the sudden onset of the issue and cause it’s worse when I’m resting mostly at night or early early morning. Of course I’m not a doctor so what does everybody else think ..... if anything it’s pretty safe that I have heart disease of some degree 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

?If heart disease runs in your family I would highly recommend you see your GP for a full once over and a referral to a cardiologist. What you have described could be just anxiety related but it also could be a rarer type of angina called prinzmetal angina, they say it follows a set pattern as you have explained, can last from 5 minutes to any where to 5 hours without treatment.

Being 28 years of age you may show slight signs of heart disease, but no one will know unless tests are performed by a cardiologist.

?I have extremely weird lipids and no one through out the  world in medical or scientific positions can decipher them, they say high cholesterol is a huge pre disposition in prinzmetal angina, most people have absolutely nothing wrong with their arteries, no plaque build up and still get this horrible angina.

?My suggestion is get and see your GP pretty quick smart and get a referral to a cardiologist.

?Heart disease runs in my partners family and her 40 year old cousin simply collapsed and apparently was dead before he hit the ground, autopsy showed severe heart disease, his brother started to worry about himself and so went to his GP, he was a bit luckier, they found he had heart disease and a couple of other heart issues, unfortunately when he turned 44 he was found dead laying down on the couch at 6am, autopsy showed he had died from severe heart disease/failure and more than likely wouldn't of been able to have been resuscitated  even if someone was at home sitting up with him. 

?Sorry for the point blank harshness of my story but I really do think you need to see your GP as soon as possible, you're to young to be taking chances, even 40 and 44 year olds shouldn't be dying from heart attacks, way to young, I had my first heart attack at the age of 45, not a full infarct but enough of a one to put me in hospital for a week and then having to go to cardiac rehab.

• Posted

Hi garren88859, 

I'm experiencing similar symptoms to that you were experiencing before. Would like to know what was the diagnosis?

Also are you cured completely and experience no more symptoms?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.