286 days sober.......then binged

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well, I got to day 286 then blew it. Had a tough Sunday with my kids stressing me out and went on a solo bender. Pubs, then a carry out then more pubs. Woke up vomiting and with my head splitting in pain. Forgot how awful hangovers are. I’ve reset my counter, which was so depressing. Back to the start. Day 5.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I own the T shirt company👍 don't beat yourself up, it happens to 98% of us! 😀
  • Posted

Wow, 286 days, that's amazing....I can't manage one day without a drink yet.  If you can do that, you can do anything. 

Good luck....but I know you don't need it.  I admire you so much.

Pat

• Posted

Dear ylt...you have not failed in any way.....you have achieved so, so, soooo much....do not reset and start again, you don't need to. ....'very, very well done, just carry on and maybe have a treat for stopping straight away again.....excellent NEWS....TAKE EVERY DAY AS A NEW ONE.....REGARDS DEIRDRE XXXXX
  • Posted

Don't be depressed. You've done fantastically well. All those days sober. You should be proud.

• Posted

Absolutely great - 286 days without the demon drink - well done to you.  Ok you had your bender now go for another 286 days.  I wish I could go one day I too admire you.
  • Posted

Pretty amazing for certain and 286 days is a LOT...you are back on track again and that is what matters the most...keep going and we will all think of you and give you support...well done again!!    smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.