28yo acute high blood pressure, blocked ears, head pressure and dizzy spells

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi, 

My name is Corbin, and for the last two years have been extremely unwell with a seemingly undiagnosible illness. 

I am a fit, healthy 28 year old guy who has spontaneously developed servere high blood pressure, temporal pressure headaches, dizzy spells and blocked ears. The symptoms vary, with acute periods lasting a couple hours and occurring on a weekly basis. Generally an acute period is characterized by severe headaches, needing to lie down, blocked ears and extreme lethargy. 

I have had CT’s and MRI’s of the brain and cervical spine, PET scans, ECHO’s, a multitude of blood tests and various other tests with no abnormalities. 

I gym 4 times a week, eat healthy and work as a hairdresser, so my lifestyle is pretty healthy overall. 

This condition is starting to limit my lifestyle and with two years of no answers I am putting it out there for someone to recognize or provide advice about what could potentially be going on! 

Any feedback, even small, would be very much appreciated!

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Corbin,

I had a dizzy spell with pressure in the ears and was told I have BPPV which causes small crystals of calcium to become dislodged in your inner ear tubes. You have to get an adjustment for this done by a chiropractor. I still have the ear pressure but dizzy has gone for now. Check into thatbir you could have allergies to something . Let me know what you find out.

• Posted

Hi there,

I was diagnosed with mould posioning... from my house, its in everyones houses!!! get your doc to check with mycotoxin illness and even lyme disease... 

• Posted

Interesting about mold poisoning.  Last spring my 7 year old dog was diagnosed with kidney failure, and now I've been having kidney issues, and all of us (including kids) have most of the symptoms.  Yet when we went on vacation we were almost symptom free, then after getting back we've all been getting sick again.  (I think this takes that whole thing of dogs being like  their owners way too far!!). For some reason there seems to be a tendency for folks with low thyroid or Hashimotos to have a mold allergy.  With testing, can they tell if mold is in your system, or does the home itself need to be tested?

• Posted

This is the most accurate description to my issues as well, it’s really scary. I actually had gone to the ER several times due to my HR and BP going through the roof so bad, I thought i was having a heart attack. The only way i could describe to the attending physician was “i feel like something is trying to get through my carotid to my head and it’s blocked, it can’t get through and my head is pounding cuz something is blocked in my neck” that was in the very beginning of it. They did an US of my neck, no block, good venous flow in my neck, said it was probably a cervical spasm. Don’t think so. This isn’t a muscle pain. Not a nerve pain. I can differentiate the two.

I’m also a chronic migraine sufferer, so I can differentiate when this “issue” is acting up and people want to say it’s “probably a bad migraine,” it’s not. I know a bad migraine. This is totally different. 

The one thing I have, is that I am a nurse. The other thing I noticed reading all of these, is we all seem to (most of us) have a thyroid issue at hand. I have several nodules and an enlarged under active thyroid currently, and am awaiting bloodwork. When I first had symptoms, it was after a large dose of antibiotics, so i was treated with prednisone empirically for GCA/TA , but no one believed I had it because I am a 31 y/o female and it is almost unheard of in patients under 50 years old (but a large dose of antibiotics can cause it). My big symptom still is, neck pressure, not really pain, just a sensation, only on the right side only by my throat, that goes underneath my ear, literally where my eardrum is, up into my head/temple/behind my head/occipital region. It’s awful. It’s given me terrible anxiety. I’ve had countless CT, XR, U/S, MRIs, I’m a VERY hard stick, so I’m actually just now awaiting lab work results and am expecting the results to show a high sed rate and of course thyroid. This past 3/19/18 (Monday) I had a CMP, CBC w diff, tsh t3 t4 ANA

But someone else mentioned a CSF leak??? I remember weeks ago I was taking my dog for a walk, during warm weather, when I got back inside and sat down my hands and fingers had pins and needs for hours and hours. Like they would if I had just come in from freezing cold into the heat.  But it was 70 degrees outside. I know a lot about disease processes, sequelae, etc. but now that this is affecting me, it’s been awful. These symptoms really are bad, even if they sound minor, they are not. They affect my daily life and I have a one year old daughter. 

If anyone has an update, please share. I will do the same as soon as i do as well.??

• Posted

Hello Corbin,

I would like to immediately advise you to stop all vitamin A supplementation. If you are taking a vitamin A supplement please look into the dosage. Your symptoms are mimicking vitamin a toxicity. 

I pray this helps and above all I pray you feel better soon. 

Ashley W. 

• Posted

Hi Corbin, what was the treatment for your toxic mould? Did the symptoms clear up? I am having the pressure in the ears also after cleaning g black mould from cement railing. Need to take this info to my Dr. as I have not been properly diagnosed.
  • Posted

HI CORBIN and others

Im having the exact symptoms as you do and have just started following this discussion. How are you all doing and what have you found out? I'm going through extensive scary testing as well and they have found nothing. My BP, always low, is put of control and I'm told it's stress...

• Posted

I had to reply here, too, but I have had the exact same thing happen to me. I even went down the mold rabbit hole. Even though I had been working on some very moldy buildings without really taking any precautions, my mycotoxin panel came up all zeros.

Think I've finally traced my problem back to thiamine deficiency, and I think many of you are suffering from the same. Read some of Dr. Lonsdale's work and follow his recommendations, and I bet you see significant improvement. It's been about a month for me, and I'm pretty much back to normal.

I cross-posted some more detail on my situation here:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/brain-fog-dizziness-vision-problems-head-pressure-headache-please-help-556136?page=0#3836922

Good luck and better health!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.