29 and scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

so middle of may an elderly friend of family died from dvts strokes. I became paronoid since I’m overweight and sedentary. So I out of nowhere developed chest pain and high bp and I swore I was having a heart attack. Did test and ecg, X-ray. All came back normal. So I decided to change my lifestyle, I fought off all sweet and energy drinks,sodas, walked 30mins a day. Clean foods,no fast food or eating out. Started losing weight. 2 weeks ago y breastvstarted to itch and I googled..breast cancer, so again paranoid. Went to the doctor couldn’t feel anything but gave me a referral for an ultrasound, it came back that I might have a fibrodenoma but won’t know till piously, I’m removing the whole thing on the 20th. I also had a Pap smear after 3 years and they think they saw a polyps, still waiting for my results. Since those 2 weeks my bowels have become very irregular, was going fine when I switched my diet. I’ve been having diarrhea every morning and no matter what I still feel like I need to go but nothing comes out even straining. When they have form it’s kinda small soft pieces that are hard to pass, sometimes flat. Since mid may ive lost 19lbs. I am 5’8-5’9. I have gone from 210lbs to 191 lbs.  when I did my blood test last month everything was normal, cholesterol glucose wbc rbc. So now I am freaking out that I have uterine or bowel/colon cancer. When does this nightmare end. I feel very depressed, anxious, brain fog, can’t concentrate on anything even if I try. I know I should relax but I am physically and mentally unable 2. Is it my mind doing this to me. What should I look for, what tests do I ask for 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Biopsy not  Piously. Also these past few days when I had a lot of weight loss, I was barely eating 
  • Posted

This sounds like exactly what I had. Health anxiety. I had a condition called chest wall pain which I mistook for a heart attack and developed more intense pain than I even had to begin with. My breasts got sore and I too began fearing breast cancer. Then I got headaches from my stress and immediately thought brain cancer. Then I started not having bowel movements, which I then thought I had colon cancer. The list goes on. My anxiety was so bad I even missed my period and developed severe fatigue. I am positive this is all anxiety! I mean, it all started after you got paranoid. I believe you should go to your doctor and do a physical. That is what I did and my doctor even explained how much anxiety can mess with your body, creating pain that is not there. After that I feel so much better and all my pain and fears went away. It is great you are changing your life style! Your weight loss is probably only due to your change in diet and exercise. The more overweight you are, the easier it is to drop pounds by a drastic diet and exercise change compared to a thinner person. I hope you are able to calm down soon, wish you luck!
  • Posted

Hi hun,I just wanted to share my story.   I totally agree with the above. I too was so scared that I had colon cancer. I had all of the symptoms(loss of appetite, weight loss, blood in stool, constipation, nauseous,) I was so convinced that I had it. My anxiety was at a all time high! It all started with the blood in the stool(which was not the first time it happened) but being that my mother passed away colon cancer last Nov., I was a total mess. I was completely mentally out of it. These symptoms lasted from Feb-May on and off. I finally had a colonoscopy in June and everything was fine. Thank GOD!! Even though the blood in the stool wasn’t caused by anxiety, I believe everything else was. Anxiety can do many physical and mental things to you. You will be just fine!! Btw, I’m 38. 
  • Posted

Fibroadenoma has nothing whatsoever to do with cancer, it is merely breast tissue combined with connective tissue, and very common.  Bowel cancer in females of your years is however very uncommon.  Whilst it begins with polyps in the bowel, which should be removed, it does not follow that those polyps would ever become cancerous.  The polyps, and generally in the body, are not uncommon for young women, but bowel cancer is.  Risk factors for polyps are hereditary, poor diet, and being over weight.  They are discovered by means of a small camera, and are usually very easy to remove.
  • Posted

It seems like you're moving from one concern to the next without a lot of rationale or justification for those concerns. It sounds like you're suffering from Anxiety so you may want to seek advice/treatment for that. You have good reason to have lost weight - you've made some lifestyle changes. Colon cancer would be extremely rare (not impossible) in a 29 year old. Please follow up with your pap smear results and see if you need further treatment. Remember anxiety causes A LOT of side effects, including bowel issues.

• Posted

I had diarrhea this morning and just now I felt like I had to go again but nothing came out just a little mucusy blood. I'm so scared

• Posted

Polyps generally do bleed a bit, but blood from a polyp does not suggest to cancer, it merely suggests to a polyp.  However, if blood is found to the inside of stools think polyps, not cancer, and to the outside think an abrasion, perhaps caused by seeds in your diet.  Hemorrhoids are a possibility if you have in the past spent extended periods constipated.  None of this is anything to worry about, and easily treatable. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.